Another question about running LnS with multiple Network Card

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by General Noel, Jul 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. General Noel

General Noel Registered Member

Hi Team,

I use a laptop at home running with Windows XP with a WIFI network card and and 10/100 Ethernet network card.

My LnS 2.06 runs as a service using "C:\Program Files\Soft4Ever\looknstop\LnsSvc.exe" which in turn runs "C:\Program Files\Soft4Ever\looknstop\looknstop.exe" -auto -svc

I set the LnS firefall on the WIFI network card as
    my the default network adaptor(the automatic Network selection box is unchecked). However I also have my 10/100 Ethernet network card connected to my DSL modem.

I know that LnS can only handle one Network Interface Card (NIC) at a time, therefore if several NIC are used, then several instance of LnS must be run, and the
    automatic Network selection box should be unchecked.

Now is there a way to run several instance of LnS as a Service as I would also protect my
    10/100 Ethernet card ?

I tried to run "C:\Program Files\Soft4Ever\looknstop\looknstop.exe" -mult1 but it doesn't appear to run as a service, therefore it doesn't protect my laptop during the bootup.

Thank you for any input on this matter.

Cheers

Gen. Noel

BTW: Wouldn't it be a good idea to gather all the main answers in the Q&A section of the official LnS site as I need to browse through the entire forum every time I am looking for an advanced information ?

2. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Hi General Noel,

Unfortunately the service will work only for the main instance of Look 'n' Stop. For the second instance, you can use only the System mode.

The service mode will need anyway to be changed since it doesn't work under Vista. If a new version comes, we will see if it can handle several instances.

Yes, you are right, it could be nice to extend the official Look 'n' Stop FAQ by gathering common answers from here. But it is not so easy to find out which questions & answer are coming very often.
    Except problems/questions related to rule creation because some packets were blocked, I don't have the impression to put very often the same answers here.

Frederic

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.