Another problem with IE

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by SonyaM32, Jan 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SonyaM32

SonyaM32 Registered Member

And here is the firewall

Attached Files:

• 11.jpg
      11.jpg
      File size:
      59.3 KB
      Views:
  2. SonyaM32

Dont know if any of this matters, but i'm sendin them, here's the main privacy

Attached Files:

• 111.jpg
      111.jpg
      File size:
      72.6 KB
      Views:
  3. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Concerning that EZfirewall pic above....referencing that Main tab\Cookie Control section. That may or may not be your problem with some sites you visit....but....I'm still concerned with IE not showing sites as being in the Trusted Zone. While it is fine that Nascar.com is showing mixed content in the bottom right area of that screenshot....it should be showing the Trusted Zone icon. Please don't take this the wrong way....but I really don't want to leave any stones unturned. When you added wilderssecurity and nascar....you positively used a period(.) and not a comma(,) ?

nascar.com....period....right
    nascar,com....comma....wrong

Other than that Sonya....I am going to re-read some of your prior posts that I briefly scimmed over last night....in particular your....Should I reinstall my I.E. ?....thread.

Hopefully anyone following can offer any area that we may have missed....especially in the area of IE not appearing to add URL's to the Trusted Zone....and if need be get me back on track if I have led the troubleshooting astray.

4. SonyaM32

Bubba, I rechecked, and yes I definatly used the dot

5. SonyaM32

Bubba, I thought I would show you this, just to be sure

Attached Files:

• m.jpg
      m.jpg
      File size:
      34.4 KB
      Views:
  6. SonyaM32

Also after I posted that i added nascar back in and I will recheck to see if it still says mixed, and i will show you that too

Attached Files:

7. SonyaM32

This is the nascar site, using my IE

Attached Files:

8. SonyaM32

And I just checked to see if I could log on to this site with my internet explorer. And I noticed this last night too, when I do log in using IE half of the replys in this thread of mine are missing, but not when I use my mozilla. If you wanna see, I will show you a screenshot.

9. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

That's good Sonya....as far as the entries you added to IE's Per Site Privacy section. If you do not mind....would you also post a pic of the entries you placed in IE's Trusted Zone.

Hmmm

10. SonyaM32

Sorry to keep adding all these screenshots. I just wanna be sure, and I know you will know !!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D This one is with in my FW

Attached Files:

11. SonyaM32

Yes bubba, if you dont mind plz tell me how i get to that. I know how to get to internet options,

12. SonyaM32

Here it is, and there is nothing there

Attached Files:

13. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

I was really afraid you were going to say that o_O and I appologize for assuming wrongly that you knew the difference between IE's Per Site Privacy section and IE's Trusted Zone but just to be sure....when I asked you to add wilderssecurity.com(post # 26) and nascar.com(post # 48) to IE's Trusted Zone did you add them in the place that's showing in post # 56 pic or in the place that's showing in post # 62 pic ?

Below you'll find a couple of links with some good info concerning what we have been attempting to do:

Adding sites to the Trusted Zone

Internet Explorer Privacy and Security Settings

14. SonyaM32

I added them to the # 56. I tried adding them to the trusted zone just now. And it will not let me add the sites this way *.wilderssecurity.com, it says to add it a different way.

15. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Looking at the pic your showing in post # 62. If the box....Require server verification (https) for all sites in this zone....is still checked....un-check it an then attempt to add it again Please.

16. SonyaM32

OK, here it is

Attached Files:

17. SonyaM32

And here is nascar

Attached Files:

18. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

~sigh of relief~....sorry that took so long. :)

Now that we have accomplished that....I reckon we can re-group and attempt to solve your cookie problems ?

My hope is that we are not wasting a lot of time with this cookie thing....considering some of what I have now had time to read in your previous threads and also what you posted earlier...."half of the replys in this thread of mine are missing"

Duty calls ....and my hope is that others will chime in....especially if they possibly agree....and explanation to you needs to be given....of how to repair IE....given from what I'm seeing in your previous threads.

19. SonyaM32

OK thank you bubba, ya, I hope so too. Cause it;s kinda weird how on IE alot of the replys are missing, but not in firefox. o_O

20. SonyaM32

OK, I've been thinking. Ive had this computer for only a few months. But before this one I had an older one for about 3 years. And I seemed to have had a problem at that time, if I can remember rite, problems with IE, if it were not set as my default browser. I know this may sound silly, but it is very inconvienient to not be able to even post replys rite on some of my forums using firefox. Because the sites do not support mozilla firefox. So what I want to do is temporairly make IE my default browser, just to see if thats why. Probly isn't , but at this time I'm willing to try anything. So if someone out there doesn't mind, plz tell me how to make IE my default, and also how to make firefox, my default again after I see. Thanx for all your help. Peace Sonya :D

21. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

IE: Tools, Internet options, programs. Firefox: Tools, options, general.

Check or uncheck the default browser boxes as needed.

22. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Go to internet options and see the screen shot check the box and close all browsers and then open IE and it will ask if you want it as default.

Attached Files:

23. Q Section

Q Section Registered Member

Headquarters - London & Field Offices -Worldwide
    Hello SonyaM32

After you have tried all the above you can temporarily try shutting down and exiting Zone Alarm and see if you still have the same problem. Let us know how it goes.

24. SonyaM32

I use EZ FW but I will shut it down and i'll be back to let you know

25. SonyaM32

OMG, QSection , it is actually working without asking for my password. YEEEEHAW :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D LOLOLOL
    Now , what I cant run my firewall ?

Last edited: Jan 3, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.