Another problem with IE

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by SonyaM32, Jan 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

If you notice in BigC's post # 5 pic....the Medium setting makes reference to....Restricts first-party cookies that use personally identifiable information....which means with that setting Wilders will be blocked, along with your other Forum sign-in cookies.

My suggestion....at least for Wilders....is that you add Wilders to IE's Trusted Zone like I have in bold below

*.wilderssecurity.com

or....you could add Wilders and any of your other Forums you log into via IE's per site privacy section via Tools\Internet Options\Privacy tab....down in the bottom right select Edit....add wilders.com and select Allow.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 2, 2005
  2. dog

dog Guest

Hi Bubba, ;)

Thats a good idea ... (I haven't used IE in so long things leave your mind)

But what is weird is the cookie is initial set (as she can log in right before her post) ... then with the next click it simply vanishes. If that is/was the culprit it would just block the cookie & it wouldn't allow a login at all, Right? o_O

Steve

What about active scripting?

3. SonyaM32

SonyaM32 Registered Member

Dog what you told bubba is excactly how its happening. And bubba, I added 2 sites to the box in internet options, but still cant get anywhere without punching in my password and user name here, and elsewhere.

4. dog

dog Guest

Sonya, :)

The tab I asked you to check above ... "security", is that the one you checked ... or did you look under the "privacy" tab?

Steve

5. SonyaM32

Dog, I did that under security, excactly like you said, :D

6. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

In my previous post I mad a mistake with my spelling....I said add *.wilders.com....when I meant to say *.wilderssecurity.com

If you add Wilders like the underline one above....then IE's Trusted Zone will accept any cookie WildersSecurity throws at it(1st party\3rd party\Session)....and will retain that cookie until someone deletes cookies. If WildersSecurity cookie is not retained after that then something besides IE is the cause.

7. SonyaM32

OK Bubba, I will go fix it, and I will be back to let you know

8. dog

dog Guest

Mru-Blaster could possible explain that (IE plugins) ... setting the cookie then MRU erasing it. ;) Are you using it Sonya?

9. SonyaM32

OK Bubba I changed it. I still cannot log in and stay logged in. And it seems to be retaing the address I typed in.
    Dog, I don't think I have MRU blaster

10. SonyaM32

You wouldnt think that I need to restart my computer after these few changes i've made do you?

11. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

That is an option but....MRUblaster only cleans what you tell it to.....meaning....you see the cookies and select the ones you want to ignore or delete. Of course....if one also makes the selection to also clean the cookies during an MRUblaster clean....that'll do it also :)

12. dog

dog Guest

No closing & restarting IE would be sufficient.

13. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

If you added WildersSecurity to your Trusted Zone properly....and while your on a page at Wilders....look in the bottom right corner of Internet Explorer....is there a green circle with a check mark saying Trusted Sites ?

14. SonyaM32

nope it just says internet. And this is how i typed it in
    *.wilderssecurity.com

15. dog

dog Guest

I'm still thinking this is an Active Scripting Issue (right or wrong o_O ) ... Just check one more time Sonya that it looks like this screenshot.

Steve

Attached Files:

16. SonyaM32

Dog, yes it looks excactly like that

17. SonyaM32

This is the place where I a few days ago, changed the java and active scripting. I do not know if this matters, I just thought I would let you know.and i have clicked reset already :D

Attached Files:

18. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Would you double check that entry Please and make sure there indeed are 2 s's in wilderssecurity.

Also....I notice your using Zone Alarm....What version and is it the Free or Pro version. It could be ZA's privacy feature causing this but....it should not prevent a user from adding a site to IE's Trusted Zone.

@Dog....active scripting should not be causing an enability for IE to retain cookies....but for kicks and grins....I removed Wilderssecurity from my Trusted Zone....lowered my Internet Zone cookie setting to medium....when normally ALL my cookies are blocked for Internet Zone and login was succesful.

Note: this is with my IE Internet Zone at it's normal setting....High....where scripting is disabled....along with most everything else.

19. SonyaM32

Bubba, yes there are 2 s'es in there. And plz explain what zone alarm is and i will see . Srry, I just dont know some of these things :D And thank you so much for helping me

20. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Zone Alarm is your Firewall.

Attached Files:

21. SonyaM32

That is my EZ firewall, when it looks like that and I hold my mouse over it, then it says traffic. Otherwise, it says EZFW Like below

Attached Files:

22. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

ZA clone

23. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Ok....it's actually Zone Labs firewall engine(code)....repackaged by Computer Associates ?

Can you double click on that EZ firewall icon that's in your systray and see if that version has anything dealing with privacy.

Setting aside the cookie problem....I am still not understanding why adding sites to IE's Trusted Zone is not sticking. Before I go....could you Please add what's in bold below to IE's Trusted Zone and then visit that site. Is the Trusted Zone icon showing in the bottom right of an IE Window ?

nascar.com

24. SonyaM32

Yes it has a security, and it has 2 things, clean cache manually, and then clean cache automatically. And I am going to type in nascar to see if that works, be back to let ya know

25. SonyaM32

Bubba, here is a screenshot of it

Attached Files:

• kk.jpg
      kk.jpg
      File size:
      81.6 KB
      Views:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.