Another NOD32 question

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by SonyaM32, Apr 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Your post will be here and they will see it. Remember time zones, etc.

2. SonyaM32

SonyaM32 Registered Member

May I ask what an Eset Moderator is?

edit Oh ok, :) now I know . They are NOD32 moderators :rolleyes: and they need to see if these infections from my online scan are included in NOD32 ! :D :D

Last edited: Apr 19, 2005
  3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Hi Sonya,
    are you using the new beta 2.50 or the latest release version 2.12.3 available? In either case, be sure to have the following options enabled in the on-demand scanner setup: Advanced heuristics, Runtime packers, Potentially dangerous applications, Adware/Spyware/Riskware (available only in the beta). Please let us know if NOD32 finds the adware/spyware with these settings.

NB: NOD32 will certainly not detect anything in pure text files with the inf extension (e.g. :\WINDOWS\downloaded program files\ATPartners.inf)

4. SonyaM32

I think it's the latest version, not beta. I just won it yesterday, and installed it yesterday, so I don't know.
    Where can I see what version I have?
    Also, can't I just find these files that are infected, and delete them myself?

5. SonyaM32

Also yesterday, I set the extra settings from the info. at Blackspears thread here . Would those settings you are talking about be included in those settings? If so, then, yes they are set . I did everything in that thread. Thanks :)

Last edited: Apr 19, 2005
  6. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi Sonya, can you please check to see if you have the following ticked, as per screenshot.

Cheers :D

Attached Files:

7. SonyaM32

Hello Blackspear
    Can you tell me excactly how to get to that screen on my NOD32?

8. SonyaM32

Are you talking about this screen ? This one doesn't look excactly like yours
    Well I was going to add a pic. But ever since I run stupid (oops) CCleaner, I can't hardly do anything :(
    I wish I would have never run it. I cant click on anything now :(
    I can click something 100 times, and nothing happens

9. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

If that screen doesnt look exactly like BlackSpear's screenshot, then you probably have the NOD32 latest official version, 2.12.3.

I run CCleaner everyday! I dont see any problems. Can you explain what you mean by saying you cant click on anything?

Regards,
    Firecat :)

10. SonyaM32

Yes I started a thread just then.
    When I click manage attatchments it just doesnt do anything. This happened to me once before after I run CCleaner, and forgot about it, and run it again.. But somehow I fixed it back then. Also when I click on a username, it jumps strait to their profile, instead of the dropdown:(
    I make graphics and signatures for users on a site. and I have to be able to use the manage attatchments.:(

11. SonyaM32

well I had to switch to IE to add this pic, but here are my settings. It looks different than Blackspears.Mine says my profile at the top. I don't understand what "on demand" or where mine is.
    ***these popups on IE are unreal ****

Attached Files:

12. Firecat

Windows XP SP2 includes a popup blocker :)

Yes, from that screenshot, you have the NOD32 version 2.12.3, not the beta. Now please wait for the Eset moderators to look at it :)

13. SonyaM32

I wonder why it won't stop mine then, haha
    I wonder if I even have SP2

14. Firecat

Dont worry the SP2 popup blocker is not really good at all. Therefore, the popups are there to stay :(

To find out if you have SP2 installed:

-On your desktop, Right click 'My Computer'
    -Select 'Properties'
    -In the screen you see, There will be some information, there you can see if Service Pack 2 is installed.

15. FanJ

FanJ Guest

My guess would be that a scan with AdAware and Spybot S&D and the use of the LOP-uninstaller from Derek might do some good.
    But I definitely advice to wait for the advice from an Eset-moderator and/or a spyware-expert !!!

16. Firecat

Oh yes, Ad-Aware and Spybot S&D are important *free* add-ons to your security setup - always helps to keep those :)

17. SonyaM32

yes I will wait for a moderator to tell me how to get rid of them.
    Just a while ago, I run all of my utilities
    Ad-aware-Spybot-ewido-Nod32-I don't know how to work spyware blaster-CCleaner-Stinger
    and all of them are still there.
    I am going to admit that I did a search(copy n paste from the list) for the one with the word (Global) in it, and deleted it.:) I know, bad Sonya. But that's the only one so far. That seems to be the only way to get rid of them.
    Here is the one I deleted.Adware:Adware/Lop No disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\erica\Application Data\2typemath\GLOBAL PLATFORM.exe and it is not in my recycle bin.
    I won't do this if it is not good, but I want to know why I can't just delete them?
    Before I deleted that one, I tried one, but it would not delete. :D

18. Firecat

Well, deleting the files *could* cause some of your applications to not work properly. Besides, if (and only *if*) some of that is not there in Eset's database you could send it to Eset (at the request of an Eset moderator of course) so that they can add it :)

So its best you keep those files for the time being. Some of those files may be permission-restricted, therefore they may not be allowed to be deleted by the user.

I'm sure your PC is already running better after the 5240 infected files were deleted, right? :)

Regards,
    Firecat :)

19. SonyaM32

I am sure it is running better. But it is the same to me. And yes that one I tried to delete first was restricted. So I guess I will *sigh* keep them all :rolleyes: I just don't want any spyware, or adware on my computer.

20. SonyaM32

I want to know if I can get beta? So the above can be included(Spyware, etc: ).
    Is it possible to change to beta ? I got a 1 year licence for Nod32. Won it from here, and installed it yesterday. I know I probably can't, but I want to be sure.

21. Firecat

22. Happy Bytes

Happy Bytes Guest

You can use your license with NOD32 Beta. Absolutely no problem.
    (Beta does not mean that it's only a trialversion)

23. Happy Bytes

Happy Bytes Guest

Actually the Beta runs better and more stable than the old release!

24. Firecat

But it doesnt hurt to be prepared :D

25. SonyaM32

One question, so I will know. What do I need to be carefull with ?
    I just want the scans to include more, is why I want it.
    can I change back to the one I have now if I don't like ito_O??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.