Another Mamutu problem

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by acr1965, Feb 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

So I am using my computer when suddenly Iron will not load anymore pages, just runs without an internet connection. I try to launch FF but get the same problem of no internet. Not knowing what to do next, I decided to check out the Mamutu guard and it showed both Iron and Firefox as now "blocked" although I have never set them that way. So I put the settings to monitor but still no internet connection. At this point even disabling Mamutu does not allow me to connect to the internet. I try to launch Browzar, no luck. Try to launch Outlook to see what happens, no internet. My internet connection was showing as connected the whole time and desktop widgets that depend on the internet are still working, such as my weather widget.

Reboot. No internet connection for browsers still. I notice the settings in Mamutu have changed as the "Protect this application from process manipulation" has been unchecked in Firefox. I put Chrome and FF on ignore in Mamutu. Now back on the internet.

Chrome has several extensions disabled athough in settings they are still showing as enabled. Have to uncheck each then enable again. Now they are working again. Firefox is working again too.

Unfortunately, I just used my 1 year license code a few days ago so it's running. Now I'm thinking I should just uninstall Mamutu as it is becoming a bigger pain than any spyware it's ever blocked for me.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.