Another little change discovered in Buster

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by Palancar, Mar 1, 2020.

1. Palancar

Palancar Registered Member

This post applies ONLY to Buster from a fresh install as my Buster OS's updated from Stretch/Jessie don't exhibit this issue.

example: Application Bleachbit

I create Icon's for Bleachbit-user and Bleachbit-Admin on my Desktops. With either; one click and use sudo as needed. However the Admin Icon won't work on the Desktop. In the past I changed the command line which shows "bleachbit" for the user as pasted below.

change command to:
    su-to-root -X -c bleachbit

With this command line in the Icon on the upgraded Buster's everything works as before. I suspect there is some small piece of software that is no longer resident on Buster. The software seems to be installed in the same path as the older systems from what I can see. Bleachbit is latest version for Buster (verified signature) and installs and runs great. I can open the panel and manually select Bleachbit as Admin and it works perfectly.

Anyone here have a thought on why I can't access Admin/sudo from a Desktop Icon? Just starting my research on this subject. Its a very small thing and I won't lose sleep over it. Its just the last little thing standing between me and a perfect system for my needs. All in all I am liking Buster quite a bit.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.