Another fine, messy mystery...

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by SG1, Jul 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SG1

SG1 Registered Member

Suddenly, I'm having trouble with Startups: the cause > may be < Startup Guru, (from Lincoln Beach software)... but I'm not sure, yet.

From one bootup to the next, I no longer get the security apps loading as normal: there may be many of the processes running (for apps that are in the SysTray when/if all works well), but icons themselves
    are not in Tray where they should be. So, I have to then fire up the apps manually.

When something similar to this happened recently a Reg. restore via RegVac saved the day, but not this time.

Ideas HUGELY APPRECIATED/WELCOMED, on where to start
    looking for root of this problem, if you've had a similar problem.

If you have a sense of irony... had read about the XP flaw wherein icons may not appear in Systray but may then show up again at next reboot... and that perhaps a startup organizer type app may fix this.
    Not exactly, it would seem, but here again I just can't say for sure where problem/s lies. Ergh!

Thanks, for any ideas/help, on this. SG1 (Pat)

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

I would start by uninstalling the startup organizer

Pete

3. Notok

Notok Registered Member

You can also try disabling the SSDP Discovery Service. Click Start > Run, run "services.msc" (without quotes), look for "SSDP Discovery Service", double click it and set it to "Disabled", then reboot. (Thanks bktII)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.