Anonymous Publishing Is Dead - cryptome.org

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by hugsy, Jul 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hugsy

hugsy Registered Member

Something from cryptome.org
    "I know it is dead, because I have tried to do it, and I can assure you it is dead.

Text is easy of course I can still blast a simple email out to a mailing list, I can lay my claims out in 7bit ASCII and let the world judge the merits solely on this simple medium. But media publishing a story with supporting images, scans, video or audio, it is dead, left only to the elites. And perhaps worst of all is the promise made by all of you that if you just ... try a little harder, if you just use this service over here, if you just think about it another way that it is still possible. It is not.

Some time ago as an experiment I began the process to publish material fully anonymously no compromises. I obtained a prepaid line of credit, paid in cash, verified with a prepaid telephone, also paid in cash, and only turned on in an ambiguous physical location. And I set about to find a Virtual Private Server I could run a Tor Hidden Service on. My requirements throughout all of this were simple: use Tor for everything, pay cash or cash-equivalent for everything, leave no account on a service run by a US/UK/AUS/NZ/CA company, have the VPS hosted outside the same, pay a reasonable sum. "

source:

-http://cryptome.org/2012/06/anon-pub-dead.htm-

2. redcell

redcell Registered Member

Like to add to the blacklist.

Specifically, NEVER LEAVE paper/account trail on services run by allied countries (including Singapore, Japan, Philippines, Thailand).

3. LockBox

LockBox Registered Member

I don't agree with his premise. I'm writing a long draft in response now. Just a few quick thoughts:

1. His definition of 'publishing' is lacking.

Anonymous blog? Isn't that the ultimate in 'publishing' on the web?

1. Sign-up at a public hotspot for Google - you get email & blogger.

2. Sign-up for Blogger blog at the same time (above).

3. Turn on the "post with email" function with Blogger. This allows a post sent to a specific address to show up as a post.

4. Only access that email through TOR or public wifi away from crowds.

5. Email your posts - they show up on Blogger. No connection to you.

6. Blogger accepts just about everything for content. Almost anything goes.

Apparently, the above does not meet the requirements of 'publishing' by definition of the author. If not, why not? Maybe he doesn't want to just publish, but distribute files, etc. He should have said so. But anonymous publishing is not dead. I know people who do it everyday and have for several years.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.