Anonymous proxy questions

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by Londonbeat, Dec 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pinga

Pinga Registered Member

You may find this article useful:

http://www.heise.de/english/newsticker/news/84867

2. Genady Prishnikov

Genady Prishnikov Registered Member

3. itsmej

itsmej Registered Member

Hi Just wanted to say to any one that using proxcomondo is probly the best thing one could be doing .So long as you set your browser at the defalt port
    and use all the newer filters that made by Jake or the athers that make them free, plus any you made yours self ! dont matter what proxcy you decide to use ,Thor,jap, or ones you find ,even if the use a remote proxy is disabled - the program set in your fire wall at accsess only
    Not alowing server - on , its a top filter .as for speed ? well depends on your Ip or modem,and the proxcy you link to ,if enabled And you are refleckting of a ather ip Your speed is most of the time half But that depends
    on the amount of atheres , using the same Proxcy ,The more that DO its slows you Down, has nothing to do with proxco itself , Been running it fore a very long time never Surf with out it ...Now i myself use open proxcys ,and speed is most of the time fine ,some that are to slow i ridd them .with JAP or THOR you will find A big slow down ,as the more on it - the more it slows , and even you get a lot of drop outs - One of the reasons i stoped using them...(but i understand why.)
    It will also depend on what you filter out or how heavy you are blocking
    A pc with no fire wall- or new install .the speed is at tops ,add a fire wall its slowed down ,now add more antie programs, its slowed more ,the more you block and so on, you slow down ...to a piont of 80% of speed as all the program are running in the background doing there work..now add a filter program and every page you load slows down while it works out whats allowed and not..
    now you use a ather IP,(proxcy) and its slowed more You may be at 60% speed ,add the traffick in and out of that ip you end up with 50% speed or even less
    thus the drop outs and slow down of you PC .the price one pays for privacy
    The dowside of surfing!!

Plus this comment is Spot on
    Your problem and that of many others is you fail to realize this is a community based thing --- don't just LEECH, give back and improve the network , My comment:Why ? the more the better and can speed things up -- if you are into it..
    So realy complaning of the speed is probly not Fair Thing ..
    Am i part of the nett work ? NO !!!
    itsmej

Last edited: Feb 13, 2007
  4. trs393

trs393 Registered Member

Hi, I have a real bad problem with group stalking where I live in Hill City, Kansas. A group of townsfolk here have found a way to weasel their way into the local ISP data base, possibly through a tech person who is a member of their amateur data spynet, and they have blown one after another of my supposedly anonymous user names at forums over the last four years, and like to pass it around town. The more transparent members of their group give me stupid looks about one day after every post I make, and after four years, it's kind of obvious, as well as sickening. I will admit, using JAP did seem to stop them, although JAP is rather too slow for my liking.

I was using Ghost Surf Platinum 2006, which also blocked them, but it is almost unusable for me anymore. It either does not load the page, or loads just the header, or half a page, then often quits completely, especially at youtube. Their tech support was not able to help me. It's just like 'broken' all the time. Their internet connection wizard seems to help for a few minutes, then it locks up again. Has anyone had this problem? I use WinXP and usually surf with Firefox.

From what I've read of your comments in this thread, it looks like Hide-my-IP is as good as it gets, they claim to block your local ISP, and at least they have high speed premium service that definitely works with youtube videos. I'm trying to decide if I should switch to another anonymizing proxie service than Ghost Surf, which totally locks up at youtube, or any other service. SecurSurf's Disclaimer is rather a joke, so I'm thinking of getting Hide-my-IP's premium service.

5. Paranoid2000

Paranoid2000 Registered Member

Aside from pointing you to previous posts on this thread (e.g. #57), if YouTube is your only concern (streaming video generally through Tor is a no-no due to the bandwidth involved) have you considered configuring your browser to access YouTube directly and use Tor for all other sites? Any decent browser should allow you to specify sites where not to use a proxy.

As for your ISP, have you reported your concerns to them? Bear in mind that if only your forum IDs are being disclosed, this can be due to other factors (e.g. the information you supply in your forum profile, your posting style, information disclosed in your posts, etc).

6. itsmej

itsmej Registered Member

(Hi, I have a real bad problem with group stalking where I live in Hill City, Kansas. A group of townsfolk here have found a way to weasel their way into the local ISP data base,)
    Mmm very Bad this is ,well i would go there and Blast them For allowing this to happen ,Remind them its Not allowed ,To pass on info to anyone .As its a private Matter (logs) And ether If this Keeps on ,Change you ISP ,or if you cant Report them .you will Find out thy the ISP are not allowed to Show there data base to any one ,Nor Any one working there is allowed to pass any info to the Generally public. Thats providing What you say is happening .
    I would Surely make a big fuss about it

7. Genady Prishnikov

Genady Prishnikov Registered Member

If the ISP is involved - the hell with just making a fuss, that's what courthouses are for!

8. Pedro

Pedro Registered Member

Yes, the police are the ones you're looking for, no one else.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.