Annoying Logfile of Nod32

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by softtouch, Oct 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. softtouch

softtouch Registered Member

Every morning after I check the scan of nod32 (nightly full scan), it contains sometimes 2 or 3 threats, which are in red color, but it also contains some thousands of blue entries regarding password protected zip files.
    This is ok, I have thousands of protected zip files on my development computer, so thats not the issue.
    The problem is, I am not able to find this 2 or 3 red entries in this endless long lists... Is there a way to display JUST the threats found, not errors regarding password protected zips?

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

start up the nod32 on-demand scanner, go to the setup tab, and untick "List all files".

3. softtouch

It IS unchecked.
    To show what I mean, below a partial screenshot.

http://www.tindahan.biz/myitems/nod32.jpg

Because I have thousands of protected zipfiles, they cant be scanned by nod32, which is ok, but there should be a way to just see the RED threats

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2006
  4. kjempen

kjempen Registered Member

I don't think there is any way (currently) to display just the threats in NOD32, but you could copy/paste the log into Notepad or something similar and do a search for "virus", "worm" or "trojan"? Or it might be that NOD32 is flagging something low-risk on your computer such as "tool" or "application" (in which the adware category also falls under).

5. softtouch

Yes, I could copy the log and search for threats, but I could expect that a user can see the red flagged threats only, not just all errors and threats mixed up together. This is weird. Every night nod32 find something, but I can barely locate it in this long log files.
    Its easy to just add a filter like show all, show errors, show threats.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.