Annoying Logfile of Nod32

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by softtouch, Oct 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. softtouch

softtouch Registered Member

Every morning after I check the scan of nod32 (nightly full scan), it contains sometimes 2 or 3 threats, which are in red color, but it also contains some thousands of blue entries regarding password protected zip files.
    This is ok, I have thousands of protected zip files on my development computer, so thats not the issue.
    The problem is, I am not able to find this 2 or 3 red entries in this endless long lists... Is there a way to display JUST the threats found, not errors regarding password protected zips?

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

start up the nod32 on-demand scanner, go to the setup tab, and untick "List all files".

3. softtouch

It IS unchecked.
    To show what I mean, below a partial screenshot.

http://www.tindahan.biz/myitems/nod32.jpg

Because I have thousands of protected zipfiles, they cant be scanned by nod32, which is ok, but there should be a way to just see the RED threats

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2006
  4. kjempen

kjempen Registered Member

I don't think there is any way (currently) to display just the threats in NOD32, but you could copy/paste the log into Notepad or something similar and do a search for "virus", "worm" or "trojan"? Or it might be that NOD32 is flagging something low-risk on your computer such as "tool" or "application" (in which the adware category also falls under).

5. softtouch

Yes, I could copy the log and search for threats, but I could expect that a user can see the red flagged threats only, not just all errors and threats mixed up together. This is weird. Every night nod32 find something, but I can barely locate it in this long log files.
    Its easy to just add a filter like show all, show errors, show threats.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.