Annoyed - Where do I get the Serial Number?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by mallettero, Sep 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mallettero

mallettero Guest

Annoyed

I have downloaded True Image 8.0.0.937. Tried to install it but getting prompted for a serial number. There was no serial number on my printable invoice, only an order number. Checked my email and only got a Thanks for your purchase email....no serial! Went to the site and attempted to login using my email address. Wouldn't recognize my password. So I clicked on a link to change the password. Never received an email with an updated password. Attempted to call tech support.....couldn't even get a voice on the line and went though several prompts just trying to talk to anyone. Finally sent an email to the support folks but I don't expect a response for 48 hours (or at the rate I'm going, NEVER!). This is really frustrating....I have limited time to work on this PC and by now I could've drove to CompUSA and bought Ghost! Would've saved me time, money and a few aspirin! Can somebody help? My next step is to claim fraud with my bank.

2. WhitsEnd

WhitsEnd Guest

Where do I get the Serial Number?

Just downloaded True Image 8.0. (Yes, from Acronis online store). I didn't see a serial number on my order invoice...only an order number. Expected to get an email with it, no such luck. Trying to register the product so I can get support...won't allow me to log in (doesn't like my password apparently?). Click on link to change password and it says it's being sent to my email address....never receive it. The only thing I've received is a "Thank you for your purchase" email.

3. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Hi mallettero/WhitsEnd, and welcome to Wilders Security and the Acronis Forum.

I have merged your two threads together. Please do not use different guest names or start multiple threads on the same topic, as this can create confusion for those that will want to reply to your questions and help you.

Please stay with this thread for further help on this subject. :)

Regards,

snap

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello mallettero/WhitsEnd,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please let me know your Acronis request # which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter? If you did not receive an autoreply then please send me a private message with the e-mail address that you used to contact Acronis Support Team. I will find the reason for the delay.

Please also note that there is absolutely nothing to worry about, since as I understood you have purchased the software in Acronis online store. This means that we will always be able to find all the important information about your order in our database.

You can also try to search for the information concerning your order on your own at Digital River Customer Service Page.

As for the problem with getting the phone support, I'm afraid that we do not provide free phone support at the moment, however it probably will be implemented in the future. Moreover, most of the technical problems are much easier to resolve through e-mail, because the process usually includes some instructions how to obtain certain files, create logs, etc.

However, if you wish to resolve your problem via phone anyway, please contact Acronis Sales Team at sales@acronis.com regarding the purchase of phone priority support.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

5. BarryO

BarryO Registered Member

I have the same problem. I did the Buy Now for True Image 9.0, entered by CC information, got a message that my CC was charged $49.99, and hit the Download Now button. I saved the 37 MB file, but when I try to install it keeps asking me for a serial number. The download page just said "not available" under the serial number field. I never got a confirmation email, and when I go to the Customer Service page and enter my email address and last 5 digits of my CC, it returns an "order number not found" error. What gives? This is the first time I've ordered from this company, and right now I'm out $50 bucks for nothing. I don't have alot of spare time and was hoping to get this set up tonight.

EDIT: I went to the CS page and registered an account. Once I did this, I was able to retrieve the invoice with the serial number. I'll give it a try.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.