Android x86

Discussion in 'all things UNIX' started by roark37, Feb 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roark37

roark37 Registered Member

Hi, I was thinking of trying Android x86 and had a few questions. If run as a live cd I assume you cannot get apps from Google Play as I don't see where you could store them, is that correct? If run off USB or hard drive installation can you then use Google Play Store? And can Android x86 run on old low powered machines with say 256k or 384k ram? I know they likely won't run well on those machines but was not sure if they will even run at all.

Lastly, does anyone know how fast Android x86 is in comparison with using any of the Windows Android emulators like Bluestacks, Jar of Beans, or WindowsAndroid?

Thanks.

2. SoCalReviews

SoCalReviews Registered Member

I have an experimental version of x86 Android on my Mac installed in Parallels 8 as a VM. It's an interesting project but it's early in development and the version I tried was very raw. This is just my opinion but I would give it at least another year for development before I would waste any time with it.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.