And Now for Something Completely Different

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by egghead, Aug 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. egghead

egghead Registered Member

Hello there,

Impressed by the knowledge of all you geeks, sometime ago I decided to improve my knowledge and started studying for the CompTia A+ certification.

Two weeks ago I have passed both the 601 and 602 exams on my first attempt. I’m now a certified IT technician. :rolleyes:

Hopefuly this results in me writing less nonsense than I used to do. ;)

2. firefox2008

firefox2008 Registered Member

Congrats!!! I actually tried juggling an IT class and a job which didn't work out too well. I would go to the class for 5hrs day 5 days a week on top of having an 8hr day 6 day a week job. I managed to pass the hardware part but failed the OS part. I didn't have as much time to study as I needed. I could very well get the books out and study more on my own and retake the exam.
    If you haven't found a job yet let me (us on this forum) know when you do. It may inspire me to start studying again.
    Maybe you could become a member of Geek Squad. Well, you have to start somewhere.

3. egghead

egghead Registered Member

Thanks.

Reading your post you did your exams some time ago: objectives have been changed and will change again in 2009.

I'm not going to work for somebody else, I'm going to start my own computer repair bizz.

For mental fuel take a look here: http://www.proprofs.com/forums/index.php?showforum=1

and for some advice from yours truly: http://www.proprofs.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=17864

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.