Folks, As with a number of other users, I suffered from huge delays while partitions were being analysed. Fortunately, some free time over Christmas allowed me to resolve the problem. I've included some notes below in case they may be of help to others. Couple of important provisos .... - I'm still not sure exactly what the problem was nor what it was that I did that actually fixed the problem. - Other users have found fixes which didn't work for me. So, it's entirely possible that what's below is irrelevant to your situation. OK, let's go... (1) I'm running TI 9.0 Build 3854 under XP Pro SP2. (2) Sometime in November, TI suddeny and consistently started spending hours on "Analyzing Partition". I don't think that TI was hanging as once or twice I left it for a few hours and it eventually moved past this stage. I even managed to successfully run a back-up (with the delay happening again as each partition was processed). (3) This delay also happened in Disk Director (9.0 Build 554). (4) Anytime that I checked, the problem was always associated with Event Log timeout errors for TrkWks and other services. (5) The problem did not happen when I ran TI from its boot CD. (6) After much mucking about, I became suspicious about one of the partitions on my main disk because of its somewhat chequered existence. Earlier in the year I had installed Vista on it (moving between XP and Vista by hiding and unhiding partitions). After leaving it idle for some months, I had deleted it and set it up as an ordinary disk attached to XP Pro. Intially, my suspicions about it were that it had a huge number of files on it (including one folder with 250,000 files) and that it had been set up about the same time as the TI problem started. (7) Deleting this partition again made no difference to the "Analyzing" problem. However, I had a vague recollection that Vista did something peculiar to the Master Boot Record, so I used my Windows XP DVD to boot into Restore mode. Ah ha, it asked me which system I wanted to use, the XP one or the Vista one (long since deleted, overwritten and re-deleted). I picked the XP one and ran FixMBR. ( I'm a little vague as to exactly what I did then, but it involved re-formatting the "Vista" partition and deleting it again. At last, problem solved! (9) For the last few days, TI and Disk Director have both behaved immaculately. During that time, the Event Log has shown the occasional TrkWks (and other) timeouts, but with nothing like the frequency I'd seen before. Hope this helps, Regards, Brian R.