An Idea

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by curious george, May 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. curious george

curious george Registered Member

Well, I've had this on my mind for a while, and was wondering why I dont see it as often on the forums...

Anyway, i know people have portable linux's (i dont know how the plural term is, and by portable, I mean on a usb key), but why not windows?

I mean, i get a few calls here and there to fix computers, and only today (maybe its just me) did i realise i could just have a windows installation, install a few scanners, and take that to the battle field.

I've come across a few ways to do it, but all require the particular windows to be installed, currently. If any of you guys know a way to directly boot off the flash drive, let me know :)

Your opinions?

2. Sully

Sully Registered Member

It is called PE. BartPE started it mainstream, and there are many flavors available now.

Sul.

3. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

Microsoft also has a guide explaining you how to create a PE version of their system, in case you need it to solve problems, including problems related to malware.

Unlike other solutions, you won't have a GUI. Everything is done through command line.

4. sbwhiteman

sbwhiteman Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.