Amust 1-Defender?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by drkoopz, Apr 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drkoopz

drkoopz Registered Member

Sorry of i'm getting the name wrong there, but I understand this is an app that is suppose to prevent the installation of malicious files through internet explorer, or at least keep the infection to a minimum. Can anyone give me more information and how well it works? Because it looks interesting but I don't want to deploy it unless I get a few opinions.

http://www.amustsoft.com/1-defender/

2. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,
    Never heard of that software.
    But if you want to run as user, you can use DropMyRights, developed by one of Microsoft guys, which does the same trick.
    Mrk

3. dja2k

dja2k Registered Member

I read somewhere that if you upgrade to IE 7 beta 2, a feature equal to this is already in there. As an alternative, maybe you can install IE 7 beta 2 which is pretty stable. I am using it now and other have also stated that they haven't had problems with it.

dja2k

4. nicM

nicM nico-nico

Looks like they changed the name "IEcondom" for Defender... :D .

I did try it before they changed its name, it was working fine; just running IE as user, instead of admin. But only IE.

Cheers,
    nicM

5. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

Well I´m still not that impressed, I would rather choose to use DropMyRights or the SRP feature in XP Pro. :rolleyes:

6. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

I use Firefox, so I can't use it. Case closed.
    I don't disapprove this new tool, because MSIE needs that kind of protection.

7. nicM

nicM nico-nico

You can try RunSafe then; there's a free version allowing to run 3 progs in the user mode ;) .

8. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Thanks for the link. I stored it for later. First I have to take care of other things.
    My list of possibles is growing and growing LOL.

9. AMUST_view

AMUST_view Registered Member

Technically any application can be run under Least Privileged Account (LPA) using 1-Defender. The command line is:

"C:\Program Files\AMUST\1-Defender\1-Defender.exe" %programfiles%\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe

Unfortunately most of the programs are not designed to work this way. FireFox has it’s own issues.
    We fixed the majority of issues for Microsoft Internet Explorer, Microsoft Outlook and MSN Messenger and currently are working under Mozilla FireFox. Other applications are on our list as well.

If you have a feedback on specific application you can write us: support@amustsoft.com

10. kareldjag

kareldjag Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.