AMON question

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Logan5, Jun 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Logan5

Logan5 Registered Member

Hi,

I am trying to install Comodo's Firewall Pro 3.0. But each time I try AMON pops ups and stops the installation. Here is the threat log info:

Time Module Object Name Threat Action User Information
    6/29/2008 10:36:57 AM AMON file C:\Users\Carol\AppData\Local\Temp\s1.tmp a variant of Win32/AdInstaller application quarantined - deleted Carol-PC\Carol Event occurred on a new file created by the application: C:\Users\Carol\Downloads\CFP_Setup_3.0.25.378_XP_Vista_x32.exe. The file was moved to quarantine. You may close this window.

My question is, is it safe to turn off AMON in order to install the firewall? I did a scan of the exe file and NOD finds nothing wrong with it. I downloaded the file from Comodo's web site. I would just like to (safely) install this firewall to give it a try.

Thanks
    Logan

2. Kosak

Kosak Registered Member

Hi!

Comodo is trying to install toolbar. Try to disable AMON and continue in installation, then, in guide should be option to don't install it.

Regards

3. Logan5

Logan5 Registered Member

Kosak,

Hey thanks - that is what I ended up doing and it installed just fine (although the firewall is a real pain in the a$$ with all it's pop up's).

Logan

4. Kosak

Kosak Registered Member

So, you can try ESS. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.