Amon perpetual scan vs. in-depth Analysis

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by yontev, Jun 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yontev

yontev Registered Member

It is wireless. How do you set it to a constant connection speed? And what speed number would be appropriate with a standard D.S.L. line connection? Right now on automatic it says 54 Mbps.

Nancy

2. The_Duality

The_Duality Registered Member

That may be your problem then. I do not know how to configure connection speed through windows, as my wireless connection is configured through another application. If you can find a way to set it to 54Mbps constantly, rather than auto, i would recommend it.

The reason being that when set to auto, the speed can go up and down depending on signal conditions. Every time the speed changes, the connection has to be re-established and thus you experience an unstable connection. I had problems with my wireless connection cutting out until I discovered that. Apart from that, try resetting your router (turn it off, wait a few seconds, then turn it back on).

I find that sometimes the connection to the router fails, and although windows and my Zoom Wireless application reports it as connected, I cannot access the internet. I find that resetting the router periodically fixes that. Hope this helps.

Matt

3. yontev

yontev Registered Member

I changed the Wireless speed to 54. Actually, things got worse, so I changed it back to auto. I will try turning on and off the router as you suggested; however, I'm not sure the router is at issue since my husband's laptop running wirelessly on this network doesn't have these connectivity issues at all.

o_O

4. mayt

mayt Eset Staff Account

It might also be the wifi driver's thing.

5. yontev

yontev Registered Member

What's that?

6. De Hollander

De Hollander Registered Member

7. yontev

yontev Registered Member

I don't know about that stuff...but I did reinstall the wireless network adapter driver. Is that what you are referring to?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.