AMON non-stop scanning

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by goodman888, May 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goodman888

goodman888 Registered Member

I just found my AMON is non-stop scanning the computer....

The computer was idle. But AMON reported it had scanned 15,000 files in around 10 minutes and it went on.

I disabled all schedules, rebooted several times but no use...

I didn't notice any similar case before.

The version is NOD32 version 2.7

Is that related to a bug in latest updates? o_O

2. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Something is accessing the files on the disk and that is why AMON is constantly scanning them . An example of this *something* could be another resident protection you might have running (performing some scheduled scan) and NOD32 is re-scanning them because they are opened/accessed.

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Or something's continually writing to a log which makes AMON rescan the file every time the log's altered.

4. TeMorituri

TeMorituri Registered Member

Since yesterday I too have noted that AMON is just constantly cycling through my document files at an extremely slow rate : I am up to 42060 files scanned after 4 hours and its still just ticking along. It particulalry seems to be hitting my jpeg files but I am starting to believe it is just rescanning the same files over and over.

I am using NOD32 2.7 fully updated (and genuine paid up variety) and I am running genuine Vista Ultimate 32 bit ( and therefore Windows defender) but have no other resident services that might be running as you have suggested and when I ask NOD to run an in depth scan it happily begins a scan which so far never seems to end
    (again 4hrs long). I had (yesterday) just downloaded a large 300Mb chunk of Windows Update which was all for MSOffice ( I think it was SP2) Could that be writing to a log file?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.