AMON -> File-Server: Auto-Delete?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Thomas_AUT, Aug 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thomas_AUT

Thomas_AUT Registered Member

I'm going to setup my Game- and File-Server (OS=Windows XP/2003 or higher, but I tend Server2003x64, need 64bit) with 6x 500GB @ RAID5. :cool: This will be X:
    The folder "Data" on this drive ( X: ) will be shared (Windows File sharing). Registered users will be able to write data on it. Sheduled are max. 20 users. I want to protect this drive. When a virus-infected file is detected on the drive it shall be deleted immediately. A user has only write access to his own files, so if his computer is infected the virus will only be able to infect the user's files on the networkd-drive.

So, is there any way to instruct AMON to delete infected Files in X:\DATA\ immediately? Or: what happens when I use "Clean automatically" and it can't be cleaned? Will it be deleted? o_O
    It's most important that no infected file remains on the drive/is accessible to network users, otherwise viruses could spread over the whole network easily.

BTW: this is not a commercial server, it's just for me and (some) classmates ;)

Greetz from Austria
    Thomas

2. xTiNcTion

xTiNcTion Registered Member

Hi Thomas_AUT,

and welcome to Wilders.

it's possible to configure AMON to delete file if a virus is found. I suggest you read Extra Setting for NOD32 (AMON)

please note - if you configure nod32 as per suggested post- every "infected" file will be deleted and quarantined (c:\nod32-install-folder\infected <-- by default)

3. Thomas_AUT

Thomas_AUT Registered Member

I already read this post, but there is something that confuses me: If you are new to NOD32 or a novice with a computer, you may want to have NOD32 “Clean automatically”, however, should AMON find a “False Positive” it will delete the file even if it proves to be non-viral at a later date. Though this remains a possibility, it is unlikely for the average user. Does that mean a infected file, which can't be cleaned, will be deleted? Because when I use this setting: "Prohibit access & show alert window with action options" I can choose "Delete" and tick the checkbox to apply this to all other infected files. That's what I want...
    It's no problem if a system file is deleted, because I will make backups...

Where are NOD32 logs saved? I'd like to make them accessible to other users with my Webserver e.g: http://192.168.0.3/log.txt but the logs of NOD32 are encrypted or formated...

Thanks for your help!
    Thomas

4. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

This only means, in the very unlikely event that a file is in fact a "False Positive", and you have "auto delete", then the file will in fact be deleted.

This is such a slight and remote possibility that in my opinion it is not worth having any other choice made other than "auto delete", besides which the file is "quarantined" as a safety factor...

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.