AMON -> File-Server: Auto-Delete?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Thomas_AUT, Aug 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thomas_AUT

Thomas_AUT Registered Member

I'm going to setup my Game- and File-Server (OS=Windows XP/2003 or higher, but I tend Server2003x64, need 64bit) with 6x 500GB @ RAID5. :cool: This will be X:
    The folder "Data" on this drive ( X: ) will be shared (Windows File sharing). Registered users will be able to write data on it. Sheduled are max. 20 users. I want to protect this drive. When a virus-infected file is detected on the drive it shall be deleted immediately. A user has only write access to his own files, so if his computer is infected the virus will only be able to infect the user's files on the networkd-drive.

So, is there any way to instruct AMON to delete infected Files in X:\DATA\ immediately? Or: what happens when I use "Clean automatically" and it can't be cleaned? Will it be deleted? o_O
    It's most important that no infected file remains on the drive/is accessible to network users, otherwise viruses could spread over the whole network easily.

BTW: this is not a commercial server, it's just for me and (some) classmates ;)

Greetz from Austria
    Thomas

2. xTiNcTion

xTiNcTion Registered Member

Hi Thomas_AUT,

and welcome to Wilders.

it's possible to configure AMON to delete file if a virus is found. I suggest you read Extra Setting for NOD32 (AMON)

please note - if you configure nod32 as per suggested post- every "infected" file will be deleted and quarantined (c:\nod32-install-folder\infected <-- by default)

3. Thomas_AUT

Thomas_AUT Registered Member

I already read this post, but there is something that confuses me: If you are new to NOD32 or a novice with a computer, you may want to have NOD32 “Clean automatically”, however, should AMON find a “False Positive” it will delete the file even if it proves to be non-viral at a later date. Though this remains a possibility, it is unlikely for the average user. Does that mean a infected file, which can't be cleaned, will be deleted? Because when I use this setting: "Prohibit access & show alert window with action options" I can choose "Delete" and tick the checkbox to apply this to all other infected files. That's what I want...
    It's no problem if a system file is deleted, because I will make backups...

Where are NOD32 logs saved? I'd like to make them accessible to other users with my Webserver e.g: http://192.168.0.3/log.txt but the logs of NOD32 are encrypted or formated...

Thanks for your help!
    Thomas

4. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

This only means, in the very unlikely event that a file is in fact a "False Positive", and you have "auto delete", then the file will in fact be deleted.

This is such a slight and remote possibility that in my opinion it is not worth having any other choice made other than "auto delete", besides which the file is "quarantined" as a safety factor...

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.