Amon fails to start

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 1 Forum' started by Gule, Apr 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gule

Gule Registered Member

I have strange problem with one of my customer.

Situation: Until now, they have Windows 2000 Server as PDC. Everything works fine, when users logs on, Amon starts without any problem or error, and updates works fine. Now they switch to Samba server on FreeBSD configured as PDC. Now, when users logs on to domain Amon fails to start with error message: "AMON: Error loading resident protection". Also, when they run main NOD32, they report "Error loading MBR sector".

Details:
    • This happens only with Windows 98 users. On that network they have Windows XP and Windows 2000 clients also, but the problem didn't hapen with them.
    • NOD is installed localy.
    • There is no any changes with clients configuration.
    • NOD32 scans all, even with error message above
    • NOD for POP3 starts and works fine.
    • Control Center works fine.
    • Updates can be done (from the same Samba server share).
    • Everything else (tested until now) works fine on that PCs with Windows 98 and new server.
    • When Windows 98 starts without logging on Domain, Amon works fine without reporting error.

Questions: o_O
    • Is it possible that Amon fails to start because of the same reason that NOD32 reports - problem with access to MBR?
    • Why it is now problem with accessing MBR when there is no big change with server PDC (Samba PDC works in the same way as Windows 2000 Server)?
    • How and/or where I can configure rights to access MBR? I found Amon option for MBR, but that is just for floppy.
    • How can I configure Samba and/or Windows 98 client to allow Amon and NOD32 to scan MBR?

Sorry for long post. I just want to give as much informations as I can. ;)

2. Gule

Gule Registered Member

Wow... We solved problem! Just for your information: There was netlogon.bat script with deltree command for deleting whole \Windows\Temp directory (not just content, but directory itself), so Amon fails to start.

Now, we make Temp dir again after deleting, and everything works fine. We were confused with mentioning MBR error.

3. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

Thanks for coming back with the solution, Gule - it's appreciated! Pete

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.