Amazingly fast scan. But did it scan everything?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by nodHead, Sep 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nodHead

nodHead Registered Member

So I installed NOD32 RC V3. Seems to work just fine. However I was a bit concerned how quickly my two 500GB hard disks (actual data is about 700GB in total between the two) were scanned. As far as I could work out, I did a complete scan on C: and D: drive.

Now with NOD32 V2.7 the same scan took about 80 minutes, but NOD32 RC V3 took about 20 minutes. Is there some new technology in NOD32 RC V3 that allows complete scanning but at warp speed? OR is there a setting that I may have missed and so my partitions might not have been scanned correctly / fully?

I did also notice that the scanning progress bar jumped from 0% to 70% in just seconds after beginning the scan. o_O

So, glad to see that zip and zip in zip scanning as in what's found at eicar.org is now far more effectively being scanned.

:p Also my "License Valid until" field is not there, not showing and end date of my license. Maybe I got a perpetual license? Could I be that lucky.

2. gH0StrId3R

gH0StrId3R Registered Member

I have an 80GB Hard Drive and the scan took 45-60 minutes...same as 2.70

but right now my windows is just 2 weeks old (i reinstalled), my bar only jumped from 0% to 25%

and one more thing...u might have noticed....progress bars are displayed separately for each drive.

also maybe you had an in-depth scan in v2 and a normal one in v3...or some options mightve been disabled by default...r u sure u performed the exact same type of scan in both?

and no u didnt get a perpetual license :p, the license servers havent been updated as far as i know

3. nodHead

nodHead Registered Member

Thanks for your thoughts! Will need to check tonight when I get home what my on demand scanner settings are.

:doubt: I was so hoping my license had been magically upgraded to perpetual. :ninja:

4. corona22

corona22 Registered Member

Is there a way to show the global percentage of the scan? and not just the percentage for each partitions it scans.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.