Am i just unlucky or is it more rollback rx confusion?

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by ellison64, Sep 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

An hour or so ago i downloaded the 8.1 version of rollbackrx pro.Its a file of 22 meg.I uninstalled my previous version (8 ....purchased about a month ago) as per instructions.I then proceeded to install the new version.It wouldnt install and said it couldnt find a .data file in its setup,and sure enough the file want present in its setup.After some tea and biscuits , i decided to download the file again.This time the file was 55 meg ( has someone not put the right file for download initially at the site?).Anyway this seemed to install ok.It then asked me to activate over internet ,and i thought great...no problem.However after submitting the serial ,i then had a pop up stating id over exceeded my activation count (or a message similar).Ive only ever installed this damn program once on this pc ,and my patience is wearing very thin.Ive sent a support ticket about this to horizon data sys.Is this me just being unlucky or are any other folks having similar probs installing this new version?
    ellison

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

The activation issue is known and was supposed to be fixed, which it hasn't. They will reset your key for you.

Pete

3. ellison64

In fairness to horison data sys ,i recieved a reply back about 5 mins after i posted here.Another 5 minutes later they had reportedly reset my code.It still doesnt work.....grrr.
    Time for more tea an biscuits methinks.
    ellison

4. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

Yes, activation is a real pain, first ShadowProtect, then WinXPproSP2, then XPLite Pro, ... but I'm trying to fix that problem with my new installation method.
    Nothing but trouble for the good guys : installation problems, writing begging emails, waiting for a reply and hopefully no errors on both sides.

5. Peter2150

I got an email from them telling me to submit a ticket with certain text and they would send new ID number.

6. huntnyc

huntnyc Registered Member

Same here.

Gary

7. ellison64

Well its now nearly 2 hours since i tried to activate and i still cant :cautious:
    I hope its worth the effort and wait.
    ellison

8. fce

fce Registered Member

me to i got that 22mb then i downloaded again the 55MB i thought its corrupted because there's a missing linux file (?).

After reinstall it work good though.

I take a snapshot of my 25GB/200GB HDD and it take me 5secs to complete the snapshot. Then try to restore my orignal snapshot and works good.

Later I'll try to make bootable disc and see how it works when i restore using the bootable disc.

chao!

9. ellison64

Would that text be product and activation ID ,that shows in activation box?
    ellison

10. Peter2150

No. It was a statement based on the service agreement.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.