Am I going blind or has this feature disapeared in v5?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by CLN, Nov 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CLN

CLN Registered Member

Hi there!

Sorry to pester you guys here, but I have a slight problem. I have 2 Windows 7 machines running on my network both had their Eset Smart Securty Home Edition upgraded from v4 to v5.

However, I do not actually use these machines as they are not mine, I simply deal with the security side and fix them when they go wrong. So to put it simple, I had them both sending security problems via email to my machine which runs GNU/Linux Fedora 16. (which doesn't have any eset products btw. I myself do not like windows.. but it keeps them happy...)

This was all working just dandy no problems what-so-ever prior to Eset Smart Security 5 being installed, and alas! I can no longer find the options to set up the smtp server mail in eset advanced configuration [1]. Which basically means, I have no idea if something goes wrong on those Windows machines!

Eset's products have served me well for years to be honest and have been using it since NOD32 v2.

But it seems, my lack of using windows now (Last time I installed windows on my own machine was 2004/2005 maybe.. been Linux only ever since) means I also don't need to use NOD32. Meaning I can't seem to find the options, or they have been removed.

So that brings me to my question:

Do these options still exist? if so where would I find them?

[1] http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN58&impressions=false&option=en_EN&locale=en_US

Thanks in advance :).

2. foneil

foneil Eset Staff Account

As you have discovered, the option to send SMTP notification emails is not available in the Home Editions of ESET's version 5 products. You can configure these email notifications using Business Edition products.

3. CLN

CLN Registered Member

Ok, thanks for letting me know :).

Why was this useful feature removed?

4. Maxwel

Maxwel Registered Member

They want to sell you the Business edition for hundreds of dollars a year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.