Am I getting a false positive?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by greytop, Jan 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greytop

greytop Registered Member

I'm a complete wrinkly begginer at Backups and from reports in another Forum bought and installed ATI 10. I decided to create a mirror image of my C Drive which showed used space of 24.4GB
    I set up a Scure Zone on an external drive having a 40GB capacity and backed up to it. When loaded, it showed a Successful operation.
    I ran Validate Backup and it stated it was successful.
    Yet when I ran My Computer > Mobile Drive G > Explore, nothing was shown to be there. Looking at My Computer > Mobile Drive G > Properties it shows 512bytes used with only 46.2MB still available.
    Is the Secure Zone hidden? If the backed up data is hidden on the extenal drive and been compressed, where has the balance up to the 40MB's gone?
    Where have I gone wrong?
    Have I got a usable BU on my external drive?
    Thanks for any advice.
    greytop

2. Ralphie

Ralphie Registered Member

The feature (or bug) of a SZ is that only True Image can "see" what is in the SZ. Since you have an external drive, there really is no need to use a SZ, unless you think you might accidentally erase the Backup Images. Just store the backup images like any other file on your external.

3. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Part of what makes it secure is that the partition is not visible by ordinary means.

The reason SZ was 1st offered was so folks that had only one harddisk could stillhave a place to back up. If you have more than one disk, you can just skip having a SZ and do backups without it. YOu will then recognizes backups as having an extension of tib.

4. greytop

greytop Registered Member

Thanks to Ralphie and shieber for promptly clarifying my query.
    I'll have a go at uninstalling the SZ from the external drive and do straight BU's as suggested.
    I'm sure I'll be back with further queries, as at my age, the learning curve seems a sight steeper these days!
    Many thanks,
    greytop

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.