Am I doing this right???

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by djrox, Jul 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. djrox

djrox Guest

I have a regular desktop computer with a DVD burner and Windows XP Home. My C: drive is roughly 10GB. When I create an image at normal compression it is 5GB large. I save this image to my C: drive then use a DVD burning application to save it to a DVD (everytime I try to create an image straight to DVD TI will not let me do this).

If the image file is larger than what is allowed on a DVD, how do I split the image into 4GB large files so that I may burn them to DVDs without going over the allowed limit.

Is this the right process or is there a better way to create an image of my harddrive?

Thanks everyone for your responses!!!

djrox

2. navkan

navkan Registered Member

Spend $50 and get a hard drive for backups

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello djrox,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

You may split the image into parts of fixed size by choosing "Fixed Size" option in "Image Archive Splitting" window of the "Create Image" wizard. Please note that you may input any size you wish manually as well as choose one of predefined sizes.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

4. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello djrox,

If you split the image being created at 4GB file size then you will need to burn the resultant .tib files as DVD-ROM (UDF) compilations. Otherwise, split the image at 2000 MB or 1490 MB and burn a maximum of 2 or 3 .tib files respectively as DVD-ROM (ISO) compilations.

I'm not sure what's going wrong when you attempt to create an image direct to DVD but it may be worth you having a read of this previous thread titled <DVD Burning with Nero>. You will see in that thread that I also mention disabling Windows XP's own CD/DVD recording capability. If you aren't using InCD version 4.3.11.1 or higher as your packet writing software then Windows XP's own drag-and-drop CD/DVD recording feature can be disabled as follows:

Open My Computer, right click on your DVD burner and select "Properties". Click on the "Recording" tab and uncheck the "Enable CD recording on this drive" tickbox.

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.