Alternative to Toolwiz TimeFreeze

Discussion in 'sandboxing & virtualization' started by AMD, Feb 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aladdin

aladdin Registered Member

Dear it is not generic statement. You should look into the thread of Cutting Edge regarding SD. On my new three machines it corrupted the Schedule Task, which is posted by other members too. Others have posted different problems too. The new versions of SD are all in beta stages.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2013
  2. littleturle

littleturle Registered Member

TTM beta is much better than many other virtulization, as many of them never have a beta version. they always release new one day by day to the "foolish" testers, then collect reports from the forums. that really saves money and time.

I have 4 partitions in my system and TTM only keep my system partition fresh as I want, that is enough. I never keep my important data in my C drive.

3. ichito

ichito Registered Member

"because"....please type your answer...
    It's hard to understend your words...I don't know - do you want to offend the developers of LV or maybe some users?
    Of course could be enough but TTM (TTF) protects only system disk - nothing more - and saving data on non-system drive is obvious for most of us.

4. CyberMan969

CyberMan969 Registered Member

You misunderstood me. You know that there are a lot of people who would install just about anything on their main system without ever even having taken a backup in advance, then bitch and moan and blame the developer when it all goes to hell. That's what I meant by foolish: I don't mean the knowledgable users who actually test it in a controlled environment and with full knowledge of what they are doing.

5. CyberMan969

I have actually been following that thread for a long time now and have read every single post on it. Of all the SD users worldwide, how many have actually logged in Wilders (or any other forums for that matter) to pinpoint their problems? You simply cannot generalize with an insignificant statistical sample as your basis. If the program has crapped out on your systems don't use it and leave it at that. It doesn't mean that you should scare away new users with generic statements.

My hands-on experience with SD on so many different PCs assures me that you are incorrect on this. I have only seen one single SD post-install crap-out in 70+ WinXP, Vista and Win7 SD installations. All the friends and clients to which I have introduced SD are now swearing by it. Maybe this is due to the fact that all those systems have been quite trimmed and lean. I try to make new users understand the significance of keeping their Windows installations as clean as possible. I always disable non-essential services and startup programs and instruct users to avoid unnecessary installations and to use portable/standalone programs running from a different partition when such programs are available. The less stuff one has installed, the less chances there are of incompatibilities and conflicts occuring. Maybe this has saved us all from a lot of problems. In any case, if all of us have been so lucky, we might as well start playing the lottery!

I'm not in the mood for a long-drawn and pointless debate on the matter. You have your view, I have mine. Lets leave it at that Mohamed OK?

Peace! :D

6. aladdin

aladdin Registered Member

Excellent!

Using words like "Mohamed refrain" you are belittling yourself.

However, I didn't know that Schedule Task was corrupted, until two members pointed this out. Then I checked in my machines, lo and behold, they were correct.

Here are the two members remarks:

Best regards,

7. TomAZ

TomAZ Registered Member

Why is that? If you have two virtualization apps installed, but only use one at a time (one or the other), what creates the conflict?

8. CyberMan969

o_O o_O

Sorry mate I completely lost you there!

I can't see how I could have insulted you personally! Your remarks would most certainly put off new users from trying SD and I just told you that. All I said was that in my opinion you are wrong and that "you have your view, I have mine, lets leave it at that". Followed by "Peace". How can any of this be personally insulting to you?

Two user comments about your issue is just that: Two user comments. I didn't say that problems don't happen with SD, but they are most certainly not as widespread as you make them appear. So your statistical sample for the scheduled tasks issue is what, five or six reported machines in this forum? Can't you see how limited this is in the grand scale of the number of people who actually install SD without any problems whatsoever? None of those guys would log in Wilders to say that their machines are OK with SD (assuming that they know of this forum in the first place).

Bottom line: The few people with problems are always the most vocal ones. 70+ machines with SD under my belt and only one failure is a great record for any software, and you cannot and will not doubt what I have seen with my own eyes.

No further debate please. I have no time or patience for this and I'm sure your time is valuable too. I most certainly don't want a repeat of our RX/TRIM debate (for which you were correct anyway; I am not ashamed to admit that). This time around, undeniable empirical evidence dictates to me that you are not correct in generalizing. This doesn't mean that I don't respect you; in fact I value your input, experience and technical expertise more than you think, and I have said so in the past as well.

Lets not argue anymore; say what you want to say on your next post and I will not respond any further.

Peace! I mean it!

Last edited: Feb 28, 2013
  9. CyberMan969

I thought you meant using them simultaneously... Still, I wouldn't recommend for anyone to have more than one LV app installed at any given time, regardless of usage.

10. The Shadow

The Shadow Registered Member

That's exactly my modus operandi... ;)

11. bo elam

bo elam Registered Member

I think, even if you only use one at a time, the chances of a conflict are still there. Read TTF FAQ. This is what it says about using another virtualization program along TTF. "We do not recommend you to do like this. It is more like install two AV in your system." If I had two LV programs installed in a computer at the same time, I ll be scared as hell.

I have used three LV programs in two computers with different systems during the past three years and never had any kind of issue with any of them. But I have never had more than one installed at the same time.

http://www.toolwiz.com/products/toolwiz-time-freeze/faqs/

Bo

12. AMD

AMD Registered Member

Bo

I read a review that said in the exclusions, the SD definintions update should be included. Do I just include the whole program folder or a file within it ?

13. CyberMan969

Hi AMD

SD doesn't use definitions. No need to include the SD folder.

14. littleturle

littleturle Registered Member

SD already excludes the define files by itself. The only thing I prefer other LV rather than SD is SD is from some unknown developer from china. Many of this kind of developers are supported by the military background org.

Apple already removed all of Qihoo's APPs this month and Qihoo is the largest security APP vendor in china.

http://techcrunch.com/2013/02/03/qihoos-ios-apps-reportedly-removed-for-violating-apples-rules/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.