ALS_DWGUN.A, detected by NOD32?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Raytoo, Sep 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raytoo

Raytoo Guest

Hello,

Does NOD32 recognize this virus?
    ALS_DWGUN.A

More information:
    http://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/virusencyclo/default5.asp?VName=ALS_DWGUN.A&VSect=P

I have been getting reports from a company that thinks this virus may originate from a company where I have NOD32v2 installed on servers and workstations. I have only completed an in-depth scan of the server, where all of their files are stored. No threats detected.

How can I find out if NOD32 does or does not recognize this type of virus? Currently I don't have any files such as drawings (DWG) to go on.

Is it likely that NOD32 does not detect this one?

2. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

Is it possible for you to email a file identified by Trend Micro as containing ALS_DWGUN.A to samples@eset.sk in a password-protected .ZIP or .RAR archive with a link to this message thread? ESET's virus lab should then be able to examine the file, determine if it is infected or a false positive alarm by the other anti-virus product.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

3. Raytoo

Raytoo Guest

Late reply.

I don't have the file. The IT people at the other end could not help.

I found no trace of this infection on their workstations, so the introduction of the threat would most likely lie at the other company.

Thanks for the follow-up. I'll keep in mind sending samples, should I encounter a similar situation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.