Allowed sharing firewall does not seem to work?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by ingber, Aug 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ingber

ingber Registered Member

Hi. I have the ESET-669 firewalls on our PCs set to Automatic mode, and I'd like to keep it that way. Under Personal firewall -> Rules and zones -> Settings, I have set Allowed sharing, which works just fine between our PCs which have private/local/static IP addresses behind our router -- the public side is connected via DSL.

I just installed TiVo Desktop-2.6.2 Plus, and TiVo on our TV, which also has a private/local static IP address behind our router. However, as confirmed with TiVo tech support, TiVo/TV can only see the TiVo desktop on one of the PCs when the ESET firewall is disabled? Otherwise, with firewall enabled, TiVo/TV does not recognize the PC/Server at the IP address on the PC with the Desktop?

I do not understand why the TiVo cannot interact under Allow sharing? If I keep Allow sharing, I do not see how to add the TiVo executables to any other sub-menu, e.g., Application modification detection, etc.??

Thanks for any suggestions.

Lester

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.