Allowed programs checked at all?

Discussion in 'Prevx Betas' started by Wammes, Oct 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wammes

Wammes Registered Member

How is WSA handling often changing programs, like a weekly updated racing sim for instance?

I have to set it to allow of course. But are allowed programs checked at all when they change or just bad luck when something creeps in...

2. fax

fax Registered Member

Changed file is like a new file for WSA. So it will start monitoring it again (unless the new file its already known in the central WSA database). Its not just the name or the location of a file that makes it allowed forever. :)

Last edited: Oct 19, 2011
  3. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

I think this is dependent on the age/popularity heuristics settings. Users who leave these settings to the default level see little to no alerts. Putting age/popularity heuristics at high or maximum may generate more alerts.

4. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Both replies are exactly correct :) Are you noticing any problem without it being on 'Allow'? It shouldn't harm legitimate software if it is on Deny or Monitor.

Thanks!

5. Wammes

Wammes Registered Member

Thanks guys, that makes me understand the workings of WSA better.

And yes, problems when I leave it on monitor. My pc freezes for 2 minutes when a new or changed file is found and WSA sets it to monitor. All settings at default btw.

Probably my pc config since I have not seen anyone else have that. Could it be that WSA is "looking through the cloud" :D during those freezes? I have a slow up connection, 75K/s. (1Mb/s down)

6. BoerenkoolMetWorst

BoerenkoolMetWorst Registered Member

Lol, I didn't know that subscriptions that slow are still available in the Netherlands :p

7. Wammes

Wammes Registered Member

haha, I live in a flat with a lousy cable from the 80's somewhere, best speed I can get out of it :p

8. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

That's possible. It would be helpful if you write into our support inbox to have the research team correct the determination centrally so that all users can be optimized in the same way.

Thank you! :)

9. Wammes

Wammes Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.