Allow Calls on Locked Phone

Discussion in 'Other ESET Home Products Beta' started by Dizzee, Aug 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dizzee

Dizzee Registered Member

When ESET mobile locks a phone it completely immobilises it.

If I had left my phone on a beach, or in a pub or on a bus or somewhere I would like to do 2 things,
    1. Secure the contents of my phone.
    2. Get my phone back

If whoever has my phone is unable to make or receive calls or texts then they are unable to return my phone.
    I would like to make it as simple as possible for them to do this.

A feature I would like to have implemented is either/or
    1. A locked phone allows the calling and answering of 1 selected number
    2. Displays a message (a return to number/address).

Ultimately most phone insurance probably doesn't stretch to loss of phone by carelessness.. and handing a phone into the police might not be something the finder does.

2. Dizzee

Dizzee Registered Member

I'm gunna bump this... as currently the only way of getting a lost phone returned is either leaving a sticker on the phone with return to details or the hope that whoever finds the phone hands it into authorities.

Once the phone is locked.. and we would all lock our phones ASAP... being able to communicate with the finder/thief is paramount in getting it's return... even if they swop out the sim.

3. x942

x942 Guest

You can use the "find" feature to locate it via GPS in this case as well as if the sim is changed as Eset sends the new number to you. I do agree it is a needed option though.

4. Dizzee

Dizzee Registered Member

also... with pay as you go sims... what is the guarantee that the phone can send message?

Will eset activate gps on a locked phone?

5. Dizzee

Dizzee Registered Member

.. I mean.. would you put your own, contracted sim or go out and buy a fully topped up sim into a stolen phone? everyone knows imei's will get blocked..

6. Dizzee

Dizzee Registered Member

also what about network locked phones?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.