All upgrade d/l links to v. 9 appear to actually point to v. 8

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ISC, Sep 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ISC

ISC Registered Member

I am one of those that purchased recently and got an email for a gratis upgrade.

After a number of downloads, comparison of file sizes of upgrade downloads and a download of v. 9 trial, I have come to the conclusion that all links point to download files of v. 8 (file name of ver. 9, however) and not v. 9. This was confirmed when I tried to install several different download files and could not use the new serial number given in the email. When I used my old ver. 8 serial the file installed and when I checked, it said it was ver. 8 and not 9.

I have asked support to fix this anomoly.

Cheers.

2. thebigdintx

thebigdintx Registered Member

Did you purchase your T.I. 8.0 copy directly from Acronis, or from somewhere else (retail store, newegg download, etc.)? I was just wondering because I purchased the retail boxed version from Compusa less than 30 days ago, registered it with acronis, but have not received an e-mail with free upgrade info and new key yet.

3. ISC

ISC Registered Member

I purchased directly through the Acronis Web site a week or so back.

4. MPSAN

MPSAN Registered Member

...and you won't either. See my post about no free upgrades unless you bought it from The Acronis Store! I also bought from CompUSA a few days ago!

5. Mdraft

Mdraft Registered Member

I got the download link and I also ended up downloading 8.0. The link said I was eligible for 9.0 having purchased 8.0 within the last 30 days.

6. thebigdintx

thebigdintx Registered Member

Does anyone know where exactly on the Acronis website it tells about the 30 day period where you can get a free upgrade, and the fact that you have to have purchased T.I. directly from acronis to take advantage of this offer?

7. MPSAN

MPSAN Registered Member

I asked the same question on the thread I started. I hope we get an answer.

8. ISC

ISC Registered Member

As of this morning it appears that Acronis has corrected the error with the d/l links and ver. 9 is now the correct file available at the links.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.