All My Windows Media Player Content is Gone

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Capricornia, Oct 7, 2022.

1. Capricornia

Capricornia Registered Member

Hi, all. One morning I was playing my music from my WMP, but later that evening when I opened it back up, all the content was gone. I then looked up some stuff on my Event Viewer and some videos on YouTube, and tried a few correctional steps, but so far, nothing that I did helped.

Also, all my music files are still in my File Explorer, however, I'm just not sure how to fix this. Plus, I can actually play my music files that are in File Explorer either through my VLC media player or the Windows Media Player, but does anyone know how to fix this?

I use Windows 10 and my WMP version is 12.0.19041.2075.

2. Capricornia

Yawn! I don't understand why this problem is so difficult. I've been searching for a fix for days and have posted in different forums, but it seems like my threads are either invisible or come across in an alien language. I even just spent about an hour searching for a Microsoft/Windows fix for this, however, everything that I found, which worked for other people, doesn't work for me. :(

3. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

4. Capricornia

Fortunately, I was able to copy the content from the Troubleshooting Tool and paste it here. Therefore, is there anyone who can help me with this? Because the way that I am understanding it is that, "Unexpected Windows Media Player behavior might be due to configuration errors." However, I tried looking this up, but one of the solutions was to uninstall WMP and reinstall it, however, the information below also says, "Windows Media Player unavailable on this Windows Edition, Windows Media Player isn't pre-installed on certain Windows Editions." Huh? :confused: So, how can it say that, if I've been using WMP on this computer for the past 8 years? :confused: :blink: Also, in my App Settings, there is no WMP app, only the Web Media Extension app. Therefore, does anyone have any comments?

Windows Media Player Settings
    Publisher details
    Issues found
    Configuration settings might be set incorrectly.
    Unexpected Windows Media Player behavior might be due to configuration errors.
    Detected
    [​IMG]
    Reset default Windows Media Player settings
    Completed
    Potential issues that were checked
    Settings for network streaming are corrupted
    The settings used by Windows Media Player for streaming media over the network are corrupted. This might prevent you from playing content that is streamed, as opposed to content that is fully downloaded before being played.
    Issue not present
    Windows Media Player unavailable on this Windows Edition
    Windows Media Player isn't pre-installed on certain Windows Editions.
    Issue not present
    Issues found
    Detection details
    Detected
    [​IMG]
    Unexpected Windows Media Player behavior might be due to configuration errors.
    Reset default Windows Media Player settings
    Completed
    This resolution sets all Windows Media Player setting to default. If you have manually configured some settings, they will be reset to default.
    Potential issues that were checked
    Detection details
    Issue not present
    The settings used by Windows Media Player for streaming media over the network are corrupted. This might prevent you from playing content that is streamed, as opposed to content that is fully downloaded before being played.
    [​IMG]
    Cached configuration
    File Name: WMSDKNS.xml
    [​IMG]
    Version analyzed
    Windows Media Player information
    Binary path: C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player\wmplayer.exe
    Version: 12.0
    Issue not present
    Windows Media Player isn't pre-installed on certain Windows Editions.

5. Capricornia

Well, roger_m, I was going to thank you, however, after clicking on the link that you provided, and reading the highlighted instructions in c, which said to Open Windows Media Player, I opened my Windows Media Player... and then all my songs, albums, and playlists were suddenly there. :confused: Therefore, I don't know what to say other than I don't know if this is typical in Windows and Microsoft, but sometimes figuring out their fixes are really hard and time consuming sometimes. Plus, I'm curious to know if there are easier personal computer brands and operating systems other than Microsoft and Windows?

P.S. Also, you have no idea of the wild goose chases that I've been on for the last several days researching totally irrelevant information.

6. Capricornia

7. Capricornia

Unless the Troubleshooting Tool somehow fixed it. But anyway, it's fixed now, therefore, au revoir until the next time. ;)

8. roger_m

It must have been :D

9. Capricornia

i have another question concerning this. After my music reappeared in my WMP, I've been getting this continuous 'retrieving media information' and downward arrow on the bottom pane as can be seen in the image below. So, does anyone have any idea what this is?

retrieving.media.info.png

10. roger_m

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.