All but trusted sites blocked with IE

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by APBIDDLE, Jan 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. APBIDDLE

APBIDDLE Registered Member

Hi,

I am experimenting with the trial version of NOD32 and have one setup problem.
    After working through the setup, everything worked as expected, except that it seemed that I could not browse to any sites with IE. After some trial and error, I found that I could access trusted sites normally, but nothing else. In order to get normal connectivity, I needed to turn IMON off. I tried turning it on, and everything in the IMON setup off, but no help there. I am using IE 6, WIN XP Home. Any suggestions on what I need to fix, or redo?

Alan

2. pykko

pykko Registered Member

Well, this is strange!
    Haven't heard about this with NOD32. Only KAV 2006 beta semed to make such things! o_O

You could try to switch from Higher compatibility to higher efficency in IMON->Setup ->HTTP-> Client sompatibility (this for IE).

You could also try disabling Website access blocking under Miscellaneous (IMON).

Thirdly try to reinstall NOD32, and if all these doesn't solve your problem use Firefox instead of IE. It's much secure and faster.
    ;)

3. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

You could try repairing Winsock, instructions here.

Hope this helps.

Let us know how you go...

Cheers :D

4. alglove

alglove Registered Member

What happens if you go to the Windows Control Panel --> Internet Options --> Security --> highlight the "Internet" globe --> choose "Default Level"?

By the way, when you say "trusted site", do you mean "Trusted Sites" as defined by the above Security tab, or do you mean sites that start with https:// instead of http:// ?

5. APBIDDLE

APBIDDLE Registered Member

Problem solved. The winsockxp program was all I needed. After running it, and a reboot, everything seems to be working perfectly with IMON and all functions selected.

To answer a couple of questions which were asked. Trusted sites did indeed mean the offcial list of "Trusted Sites," rather than just secure ones. Also, I have Firefox, and it is rapidly becoming my primary browser, though there are a few odd sites which need IE. MS Update, for instance.

Thanks for all the suggestions, and the additional information such as command line switches which came along with some of them. Right now, it looks as if I will be getting the paid version, though I do want to work with it for a few weeks to see how I like it, now that it is fully functional.

Alan

6. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Good to see Alan, and thanks for letting us know the outcome, as we all learn this way...

Cheers :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.