algu.exe

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by murth334, Mar 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. murth334

murth334 Guest

I have a algu.exe process (TrojanDropper.Win32.Small.vb) running in my computer.

How can I remove this trojan?

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

3. daveo007

daveo007 Registered Member

I've got the same thing happening...and its a real b***h to get rid of...if I can.

4. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi Daveo007, welcome to Wilders.

You could try following the comprehensive steps found in General Cleaning.

If these steps do not resolve your situation, you will need to download and run “Hijack This” found here and post your log at one of the forums found at A-SAP. The two bigger forums for HijackThis log processing, (meaning they process more log threads each day than most others) are: SpywareInfo.com and CastleCops.com. Be sure to read their posting policy in the links at their log review forum sections prior to posting.

The steps mentioned in General Cleaning use software that ought to be part of your security, as an absolute minimum.

Once your system is clean, you may want to take a look HERE. As well there are discussions HERE and even more HERE.

Hope this helps...

Let us know how you go.

Cheers :D

5. TechMansoor

TechMansoor Guest

Algu.exe is the worst spyware I have ever encountered. In fact I have used hi-jack this, and so many other programs and nothign works. You can delete it, you can even delete it in safe mode under the c:\windows folder and it still brings it self back some how. It has to be masking itself behind another program. I'll try all the steps mentioned in the general clean then post my log and go from there.. Thanks guys..

6. Chris12923

Chris12923 Registered Member

Can anyone PM me ASAP and let me know where I can download this (Algu.exe) or what software installed it?

Thanks,

Chris

Last edited: Apr 7, 2005
  7. lpgali

lpgali Guest

This really wreaked havoc to my computer, but I think I got it fixed. My anti-virus is Norton which recognized a virus as trojan.startpage.f at startup, and would constantly notify of that infection and the deletion of it so the computer slowed down to the point of not really functioning. You could open a program but closing it took forever. The Symatec info for deleting the virus is poor -- none of the files it said to delete were on my computer. I ended up downloading PREVX Home from CNET which was good enough to notify that ALGU.exe was constantly attempting to write to a DLL. I then googled ALGU.exe and got to your site. Thanks to your general info on removing trojans, I was able to get my computer into safe mode, find the ALGU.exe and when it was created and then delete that. (I could not delete the file in regular mode.) I then found a couple of other files created at the same time and deleted those. The ALGU file was in windows/sys32 and another was in a windows prefetch file. The files atill appear in safe mode as in my recycle bin, but do not appear in the recycle bin in regular mode, so I don't have the name of the prefetch file. My computer is now working fine again, and I hope that sticks.

It was a real pain, none of the free spyware programs were able to remove this. I also think it disabled my Norton autodetect at one point because Norton indicated such after I had been struggling with this for a couple of hours -- but it may have been something I screwed with. FYI, I also scanned ALGU.exe with Norton during the process but it said the file was fine.

Hope this helps someone.

Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.