Alerts and Notifications display problem

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Conan, Nov 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Conan

Conan Registered Member

I have updated to the most current version of SS5 (5.0.094.0) and this problems still occurs, from the prior version (5.0.093.0).

I have uninstalled and reinstalled a couple times, with the same problem occurring.

The problem is whenever there is a AV update or any notification, which makes the box pop up in the lower right corner of the monitor, it displays properly for approx 5 seconds and then it turn entirely white.

This makes for either quick reading or no reading at all of the information shown.

I have noticed that it has done the same on pop up boxes that had information on it with accept/decline (?) buttons, but when the screen of the box turns white, I can not push the correct button.

Any ideas out there on how to solve this problem?

I have tried adjusting the intensity of the screen along with the time it allows to show the information, all with no luck.

Thanks !

2. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Have you tried installing the latest version of your VGA card drivers? What OS do you use?

3. Conan

Conan Registered Member

I am using Windows XP with the lastest updates. My VGA card is updated also. I have had no other problems of this kind with any other software popups.

4. Conan

Conan Registered Member

I finally got fed up with the slow internet and the alert/notification box turning completely white before I could read it (even if I right clicked the ESET icon, in the lower right corner, the pop up box from that would turn white after approx 3 seconds and stay white), that I uninstalled ESET SS5 and reinstalled ESET SS 4.

I was amazed (as before when I used it), the problems I explained above, do not occur anymore!

So there is something wrong with version 5 that is bothering my computer.

I will wait till I read more positive reviews on it, before reinstalling and trying SS 5 again.

5. Klipper

Klipper Registered Member

I have same problem. I just upgraded from SS4 to SS5 using the live-installer.
    I get the same weird 'getting blanc' issues. I'm using Window7 Ultimate all updates installed. See these screen captures:
    http://www.aharef.nl/EsetSmartSecurity-5.0.94.0-InterfaceProblems.png

Looks like a bug in SS5 :argh:

BTW I never ever had display issues with other applications or SS4 before!

6. Conan

Conan Registered Member

That is exactly what I am seeing when I used the SS 5 version. Also, like you, I do not have that problem, nor with the slow internet, with the rollback I did to SS 4 version. Thanks for the input!

7. tommy456

tommy456 Registered Member

Did you use the eset uninstall tool ? /ESET Uninstaller.exe download and run that follow the prompts when it can no longer finds any eset entries your good to reboot and re-install eset

8. Conan

Conan Registered Member

No, I was not aware of that one, I used Revo Uninstaller Pro. If the uninstaller you suggested would be better, I will try it, to reinstall Version 5.

9. Klipper

@Conan

Did you manage to get rid of these interface problems in SS5?

Started to uninstall SS5 with the ESETUninstaller.exe in Safe mode. Canceled because of warning that my NIC drivers would be uninstalled.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2011
  10. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Check if you have Setpoint by Logitech installed. If so, upgrading it to the latest version 6.32 should resolve this issue. If you don't have it installed, do you have Stardock software (e.g. WindowBlinds) installed?

11. Klipper

SOLVED! Re: Alerts and Notifications display problem

Wow!!! thank you Marcos!!! :thumb: :D

I finaly solved this terrible annoying issue. You were totally right!
    I indeed had a version 4 of Logitech Setpoint installed, which was configured to auto update, but also when manually pushing the update button I got reported back that I was using the latest version of Setpoint :-(

So I never realised that there was a new version 6.32 available.

I installed the new Setpoint and all problems with ESS interface were gone!!!

Yippie :)

Thanks you very much,
    Klipper

12. Conan

Conan Registered Member

I just purchased a new logitech wireless keyboard with the new setpoint software. My problem with the ESET popup also went away. Thank you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.