Alert / Notify the user about missed backups

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Omega434, Feb 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Omega434

Omega434 Registered Member

Hi Everyone
    I am using Acronis True Image Home version 11.0 and I think the program is very easy to use and understand.

I have a question about scheduling Tasks,
    I have scheduled a Task to backup some files on my PC to my external driver but the problem is that program do not notice the user if the task/backup did not succeed for any reason. I have checked the Options for the program and did find any settings for that.

Once I start program there is message saying that I missed some backup. The user should be notified about missed backups even if he/she does not start the program otherwise the user is thinking that everything is alright and backups are made continuously.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Omega434,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please notice that Acronis True Image 11 Home has an option to notify user about operation results via e-mail or/and Windows notifications. Please see chapter 12.2 "Operation results notification" of Acronis True Image 11 Home User's Guide for detailed instructions.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

3. Omega434

I have set the Windows Messenger (WinPopup) notification but the test message failed with this error

Error:
    "Cannot send the notification. The possible reason might be incorrect WinPopup settings or the Messenger service is disabled."

What is Windows Messenger (WinPopup)? I have googled it but did not find any useful information about that service. How can I disable/enable this service on Windows XP? How to proceed?

4. Acronis Support

Hello Omega434,

Could you please collect some information to let us investigate the problem thoroughly?

Please create Windows system information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

5. jcap

jcap Registered Member

Messenger is a service in Windows that has been disabled by default since Windows XP Service Pack 2. Most likely it is disabled if you haven't enabled it yourself. It is my belief that Microsoft has removed Messenger completely in Windows Vista, so if you are using a version of Windows before then, you should be OK. To enable it, right click on My Computer, click Manage, expand the tree for Services and Applications, select Services, locate Messenger in the services list on the right, right click Messenger and select Properties, under "Startup Type" select Automatic, click OK, and restart. If you want, follow the steps again and when you get to the properties window, make sure the service says that it is started.

Hopefully that should fix the problem.

6. Omega434

Hi
    Thank you for the information, it helped when I was using Windows XP but now I have upgraded to Windows Vista and I can not locate the messenger service you mentioned earlier. The only service listed with the word messenger is:

Messenger Sharing Folders USN Journal Reader service
    "C:\Program Files\Windows Live\Messenger\usnsvc.exe"

But that seems to be something else. Do you any ideas or suggestion on how to enable pop-up messages for Acronis True Image in Windows Vista?

7. Acronis Support

Hello Omega434,

We are sorry for delayed response.

Please notice that there is no Windows Messenger in Windows Vista, as pointed by jcap. So, WinPopup notifications are not available in Windows Vista.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.