AirVPN -dynamic IP

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by popcorn, Jan 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. popcorn

popcorn Registered Member

It's all in the title :eek:
    Does AirVPN use dynamic IP allocation ?
    Thanks in advance

2. PaulyDefran

PaulyDefran Registered Member

Best to ask on Air's forum. I know they have an entry IP different from an exit IP, and they use crowding, so the exit IP is the same for all. I just disconnected and reconnected and I get the same 10.x.x.x *internal* IP, but this is getting out of my wheelhouse as far as knowledge goes.

PD

3. popcorn

ok thanks for response :thumb:
    I will inquire in there forums
    I'm wondering whats best for anonymity...
    thinking about it I suspect a shared static IP is, especially if shared by many users... but then again....o_O lol
    The reason I ask is I'm thinking of changing providers, my current provider uses a dynamic IP system and I'm trying to weigh up the pros and cons.

4. mirimir

mirimir Registered Member

Shared static IPs offer best anonymity. You want your own IP only for running a server.

5. popcorn

OK thanks
    Hmm so AirVPN is starting to look more and more attractive, I'm still a little confused though o_O
    Here follows a quote from my current provider -

Having seen this would a shared IP still be prefered ?
    I apologize for my lack of knowledge

6. mirimir

mirimir Registered Member

Who's your current provider?

Those are shared IPs. They're just "randomly" connecting you to their various VPN exit nodes, each of which is shared.

We're all learning :)

7. popcorn

I'm currently with Anonine, up to now I've been happy with speeds and service, they do state they keep no logs.
    I'm contemplating moving on mainly as there seems to be a glaring lack of info I can find about them, nothing good, nothing bad... I suppose this could be a good thing.
    I'm leaning towards AirVPN, I know they have a good name here at Wilders also I would like to set the account up a little more securely than I set up my existing Anonine account ie register via TOR, pay with BC etc
    I think this is pretty important considering how things are going in my part of the world :eek:

Thanks for clarifying this for me :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.