AI Roboform 7.1.0 - Final

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by AvinashR, Dec 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. buckshee

buckshee Registered Member

Yes I am using Version 5 but no text shows in the upper box and just the asterisks in the lower password box. But only at those sites I mentioned.

As I said I get the same problem at the same sites with LastPass, Password Deport 5 amd Opera 10 (which of course uses its own password program) so its not unique to Sticky P.

I guess in my case I'm stuck with Roboform. I would have to pay for a new one anyway.

I can't tell the difference between Version 4.1 and 5 anyway ? And will there be the same problem as Roboform when new browsers come out ?

2. aladdin

aladdin Registered Member

Lock all other Passwords Programs and have only Sticky Password unlocked and then try to see what results you get.

You can manually set Sticky Password to populate more fields and not just the login and password fields.

It is located in Manual Form Edit!

Kind regards,

KOR!

3. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

Ive decided to stay with roboform 6.I will not pay for any further activations or for any upgrades,mostly because of their bad buisness ethic and because thier customer support is abysmal.If support for roboform 6 browser plugin ceases then I will use sticky password full time.
    ellison

4. Hugger

Hugger Registered Member

I think I remember seeing that the first year is 9.95 and subsequent years will be 19.95.

5. Ed_H

Ed_H Registered Member

I also have found that Roboform does not handle bank logins well but, unfortunately, neither does LastPass.

I haven't heard much about Sticky Password. How would you compare it in functionality to Roboform or LastPAss?

6. smee00

smee00 Registered Member

I discovered the forum through Google and I loved the topics so much I joined!

Great thread guys and Hi,

I recently reinstalled my computer, I downloaded and installed the latest version 7 of Roboform, not knowing that it was different to v6.
    On installation I realised that Roboform had received a makeover, but I wasn't prepared for needing a new licence after trying to activate the software with my v6 pro licence.

The only choice I was presented with was the Everywhere licence, after activation I discovered that the licence would expire in one year so I contacted RF support.
    I now have my money refunded, and the Everywhere licence has successfully been revoked, but I am left confused with the licensing structure.
    It seems that RF want to charge existing loyal customers of V6 and other products full whack for upgrading their v6 to v7!

I know I bought lifetime licences, so I feel quite cheated and deceived. I have put up with bugs until they were sorted and I have been a loyal repeat customer.

To me the software functions 98% the same as v6, I use the sync data twice a month and would have been willing to pay a very small fee for this service based on my extreme small usage.
    Conclusion:
    I feel badly treated, I would have paid a discounted 9.95 for the new version, but I feel that RF could send and offer existing customers discounts.
    Not being rewarded for loyalty is a huge mistake, OK Silver Systems are expanding and need full bank accounts, but they will not be getting full whack for v7, I just may vote with my feet and switch providers.

Smee00

7. aladdin

Hi there,

Sticky Password is the best when it comes to passcards, both internal (Windows Programs) and external (Web Pages). Where RoboForm used to shine was, in Form Filling the Web Pages. The new version 7 of RoboForm is very buggy and doesn't fill all the fields.

In Sticky Password, they are trying to implement this function, but they are not fully there.

Kaspersky used to sell Sticky Password version 1. I bought the version 3 directly from Sticky Password. I was told that I have to pay for upgrades to version 4 and so forth.

Since then they have implemented quite a few changes and moved from version 3 to version and now to version 5. I was given free upgrades to both these version.

The learning curve on Sticky Password is a little bit higher and so is the satisfaction. The support is excellent and the people are joy to work with.

Best regards,

KOR!

8. Johnny123

Johnny123 Registered Member

Welcome to the forum :)
    I did this three days ago and it was like a breath of fresh air to be RoboForm-free. I have two licences that were also supposedly "lifetime" but which now are not. I've also had hassles with them over the years due to activations, etc. and I'm glad to have moved on.

I'm using LastPass now and it seems to be really good. Importing your RoboForm data is simple and takes around ten minutes at the most. In addition, the price is right (free).

9. Ed_H

Ed_H Registered Member

KOR...thanks for the info on Sticky Password. I'll give it a try over the weekend.

10. Kapiti

Kapiti Registered Member

11. buckshee

The freebie in the link above is for version 4.1. Sticky Password has given that away recently at a few sites. Now they are on Version 5 but I don't know the differences

12. jmorlan

jmorlan Registered Member

Roboform has just released version 7.1.1 to fix some of the many bugs in the 7.1.0 release.

They now also offer downloads of the last of the 6.x versions on their site for those who need to reinstall that version. My guess is that a lot of people used the internal updater without being told in advance that their "lifetime" license was no good if they updated. It is not clear whether they will continue to support 6.10.1 but in my view they should.

Roboform originally made its mark as an alternative to a spyware program called "Gater." Siber Systems had an excellent reputation for integrity. These are our critical login and password information after all. The question remains whether their reputation has been tarnished by all of this.

13. smith2006

smith2006 Registered Member

I bought two PRO licenses in Nov 2009 & one license in April this year.

Where is my lifetime upgrade? :thumbd:

Last edited: Dec 18, 2010
  14. smee00

smee00 Registered Member

I think Silver Systems needs to address this little concern (not many customers know about this), before it blows up in their face.

I have a ticket open addressing my concerns, I am still in two minds if to change vendors, I am at a point where I need extra licences: '2 x Pro' and '1 x Portable'.
    I am certainly not going to be paying the hiked fee for 1% extra functionality, this is not a major upgrade like microsoft's XP to windows 7.

15. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

16. Woodgiant

Woodgiant Guest

That is definitely true:thumb: And ellison64 wrote:I just emailed Simon Davies
    and I let him know exactly how I felt.It wont make any difference probably .....but it made me feel a whole lot better:thumb:
    That's the way to go if you what to make a change, then you have to make some noise, and it does make a difference:)
    Best Regards

17. Tony

Tony Registered Member

+1
    The more i use Lastpass the more i like it.
    It works so much better in Chrome and with the Dolphin HD Android browser and it works just fine with Opera.

If Roboform wanted to change its licensing policy it should have made sure firstly that it worked at least as well as Lastpass across as many platforms.
    :thumb: Lastpass
    :thumbd: Roboform

18. wideglide36

wideglide36 Registered Member

Hey guys,

One more question about this new version 7.

In Version 6 there was a way to switch between any identity, and I can't remember if you clicked on "users" or if there was a selection to "switch identities".

I can't seem to find out how to switch between identities in version 7, as I can't find a "users" selection, or a "switch identities" option.

I'm sure it's a simple procedure.

Maybe somebody using version 6 could let me know if they ran into this problem when they upgraded to 7.

Thanks

19. wideglide36

wideglide36 Registered Member

Please disregard my last post.

I just received a reply to this question from Roboform via an online ticket.

They informed me to go to tools and then profiles and create a new profile.

I always thought you went through the "identity" section to do this.

Anyways, all is working fine now. My stupid mistake for sure!

Should also say that Roboform responded very fast to my question. Same day in fact.

I thought that since it was a weekend, that I might not hear anything until Monday, hence the reason for posting here also.

Thanks

20. smith2006

smith2006 Registered Member

21. buckshee

22. smee00

smee00 Registered Member

You see, from the previous post, Silver Systems can lower their prices.

Loyal Customers are not valued, instead they think we are Cash Cows! This makes me feel disheartened and I no longer feel proud to recommend the software or even be associated with the 'we have our hands in your deep pockets' attitude.

23. Bambo

Bambo Registered Member

They just did that in November (without clear info on 7 version) but repeating this over and over is of course another way to make a mockery out of strict update/upgrade policies.

Next level must be to jump on Giveaway train.

24. BobW1

BobW1 Registered Member

Ive got some questions that I'm not sure if anyone has raised:

What keeps Roboform from pushing your login information out to some centralized computer somewhere for eventual use by the Siber company?

The software clearly can decrypt your info in order to use it for your purposes. What keeps it from slowly passing it along? This is not a whole lot of data that needs to be sent.... Link, user, pass, etc.

What I mean is that we are trusting the program with exactly how to log in to our bank, credit card, and stock accounts, among other things. It IS capable of, and does talk completely in the background - both sends and receives. Think about the fact that you see it telling you that there is a new version periodically, and you didn't see it use your browser - it did. Also, by the very nature of the product, these guys are experts at encryption.

This is a company based in Russia, and they could very well be compiling a list of accounts they can get into globally, and there is no way we can prove it ahead of time. They just ask us to trust them.

25. aladdin

Excellent question!

Siber Systems can no longer be trusted anymore!

Best regards,

KOR!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.