AI Is Making It Extremely Easy for Students to Cheat

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ronjor, Jul 9, 2017.

1. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Pippa Biddle 07.05.17

2. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

There goes the neighborhood. Time better spent on Fb and the like right?

Why bother using the noggin when a program can do your homework for you and get you an A+

3. NormanF

NormanF Registered Member

Its transforming how we see the world by unlocking the potential for applying knowledge rather than acquiring it.

Its a powerful tool to empower and free the human mind from learning drudgery to putting knowledge to work.

Stephen Wolfram changed the way we look at life.

4. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

Anyone can cheat and today's young students think they are the smartest generation to exist, yet a power outage (or even just an internet outage) would render them ignorant. Prove me wrong, make change without a calculator. :p

5. AutoCascade

AutoCascade Registered Member

What happens on exams when they can't access Wolfram-Alpha for answers?

Where I went to college everything was graded under a Bell Curve so if most people did A work B work was failing. The kid who lived across the hall from me was a genius. They stole his homework from the drop box all the time because he skewed the curve.

6. emmjay

emmjay Registered Member

Hopefully the cheats will not become doctors, engineers or scientists. Our lives and well being depend on the competence and knowledge of those who have earned their degrees. University studies provide a solid foundation that is meant to be built upon and a faulty foundation will not hold the weight for which it was intended. We all hope that the university is capable of weeding out the students who use AI to up their grades. Hopefully, a cheat who slips through the cracks and does graduate will eventually be outed by either their employer or their peers before they do harm to others.

I strongly believe that it is an invaluable asset to accredited professionals to have massive up-to-date databases with AI to do the filtering. AI filters data and depending on the scenario, can make recommendations. The human brain can only absorb and retain so much information.

There is going to be misuse of AI. It will be exploited for nefarious means - after all, humans are predators.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.