Ahnlab V3 Lite - Free South Korean Antivirus

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by sg09, Apr 7, 2019.

1. clocks

clocks Registered Member

Thanks. I saw it in the OP after I posted.

2. bellgamin

bellgamin Very Frequent Poster

@clocks -- Once you use the download link mood provided, & install V3, it updates to the latest engine and sigs. I just re-trialed it again, using Shadow Defender. My only AV (SecureAPlus Essentials) remained running as I installed V3. V3's installer paused to tell me I already had an AV. I told V3 to continue, so it proceeded to install alongside SecureAPlus with NO problem.

It took V3 a while to update itself. Once it settled down, it was very VERY light and my ancient laptop remained very zippy.

My thanks to bigc & drhu22 for the test links. V3 IS doing splendidly. However, I hope it gets tested against zero-day malware some day soon -- I would like to see how its Behavior Blocker performs. Even a 30% effectiveness would be impressive. Of course, a 30% effectiveness rate means 70% got through BUT that's why we all image our HD at least 1-2 times weekly, right? RIGHT??!!!

I wish someone would answer Bob D's question in post #72 above. I would like to get the paid version for my granddaughter's computer.

Also, I wish @roger_m -- would re-visit this thread. I would really value his comments concerning V3 as it has progressed since his posts back in 2019.

Last edited: May 29, 2020
  3. clocks

clocks Registered Member

Yeah, it appeared hung on install, but I guess was just updating.

It does seem a bit lighter than some other AVs I have been testing, especially with Max/Working RAM.

4. clocks

clocks Registered Member

I can't comment on protection, but this seems to be running very light on my PC. The lightest in terms of ram/cpu time I have seen in a while.

5. Bob D

Bob D Registered Member

Running very well here, and also quite light.
    You may want to look elsewhere unless you've deep pockets.
    Past reviews mentioned $29 / computer.
    Their translated site states 60,500 KRW (~$50)

6. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Version V3.40 still working great on my computer. Always seems to have top ratings when tested and is very light on my system and did i mention that it is still free.

7. honey46222

honey46222 Registered Member

I've been using Version3 Lite (Free) for several months and I am quite satisfied with it.

8. newmember88

newmember88 Registered Member

is this antivirus still relevant?

9. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

Yes it is. It's very popular in South Korea and in the last 5 years it has scored well when tested.

10. newmember88

newmember88 Registered Member

oh that is good.
    Will install the V3 Lite version.
    thanks

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.