Agnitum's Gift: which one to choose

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by cet, Dec 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cet

cet Registered Member

I am thinkimg to buy a lifetime license but I am not sure which one to choose.I know some of you have purchased lifetime licenses.Can you please tell me which one you choose and why .OSS or only the firewall.If I choose OSS will it be enough or do I have to use another antivirus.

2. vijayind

vijayind Registered Member

IMO, if price is not a issue better to go for OSS.
    Since you can always Disable Anti-Malware engine and run any other AV instead. ( I am running Avira Free ). Plus future versions will allow custom install too..
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1373050&postcount=47

Plus I know VirusBuster engine in OSS is not that good. But since its a lifetime license, who knows in OSS 2010 they might switch to Kaspersky. ;)

3. metadonjuan

metadonjuan Registered Member

Buy OSS. You don´t need another antivirus. But you can try to use OSS together with Superantispyware. SAS has lifetime licenses too.

4. hayc59

hayc59 Updates Team

My sentiments exactly :D

5. InfinityAz

InfinityAz Registered Member

Just a heads-up: There are new versions, just out today, for OP Pro and OSS.

6. Zetelo

Zetelo Registered Member

I want to buy OSS, but today and tomorrow is holiday. And then we have weekends...

Paypal won't transfer my money until next Tuesday because they are not transfering money on mondays, weekends and holidays. But Tuesday is the 30th, so it will be really hard to get a license until the 31st...

Hope it will work out :D

7. mack_guy911

mack_guy911 Registered Member

hello all and merry xmax

i was using kis 6,7,8 with outpost pro 4,2008,2009 since...more than 3 years without any problem

i tried today
    oss disable antivirus with kaspersky internet security suite(KIS) without firewall and without any problem.......just install KIS without firewall before and then install outpost it will disable auto real time protection but you can scan from antivirus mannualy :)) gr8 work outpost...:))

re edit
    i updated oss Release date: December 25, 2008
    Version: 2009 (6.5.2509.366.0663) yes it have some compatibility issus with KIS2009 with this new one of oss update .......like site is not opening correctly....hope they have backward compatibility like if we buy oss license we can use opf with same key as well

secoundly i found interesting their is a custom installation for antispam,antimalware,webcontrol, but did full install :)

Last edited: Dec 26, 2008
  8. hayc59

hayc59 Updates Team

Zetelo, you should be fine...but let me know and maybe I can help out you have until midnight
    ;)

9. Jaki

Jaki Guest

To me it is an easy choice I bought the Outpost Security Suite 2009.

Peace.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.