Agnitum Outpost 7.6 Released

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by hayc59, Oct 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

yes v6 has a full virtual environment but as i said v5 does not fully isolate it runs unknowns in a restricted sense.

2. Escalader

Escalader Registered Member

For information of the thread I have installed OP FW Pro (paid version) 7.6.
    It is installed and working.
    I choose to uninstall the previous version and do a clean up before installing the 7.6.

Then I imported my settings and rules from my backup folder.

I choose NOT to install OP's ASW real time product prefering to use my own.
    However I do activate OP's Web control. If readers are not familar with OP web control I attach an image.

Once again I'm not trying to "sell" anything here FW wise just describing what I have myself.

Attached Files:

3. Escalader

Web Control in OP FW Pro (even without the malware feature) still does usefull user work in security.

As usual I think differently. IF using web control blocks me wandering on to a bad site that in some ways is better as it prevents exposure to malware and even having to challenege any RT scanner.

No scanner is 100% mine, yours, theirs it doesn't matter.

Layers is where it is at. If it gets past my router it hits my ip block lists, then the rules in my Firewall, if they are "loose" my SAS RT scanner has a wack at it, then EMET looks at it.

Then I delete it all from the sandboxie.

Then if that all fails (unlikely) I can restore from image.

4. Escalader

Overriding

In OP, it has come up on my system that System Guard Rules set to allow Autostart etc OVERRIDE a leak rule set to BLOCK Network enabled launch.

See examaple below:

1:37:57 PM Allow ROBOTASKBARICON.EXE Network-enabled application launch c:\program files (x86)\siber systems\ai roboform\identities.exe

By the way IF you happen to use ROBOFORM tighten up it's leak rules it trys do some actions you might not expect. Here after during boot up are some of the "leaks" and attempted leaks by Roboform ROBOTASKBARICON.EXE and by IDENTITIES.EXE

10:36:31 PM Block IDENTITIES.EXE Window hooking c:\program files (x86)\keyscrambler\keyscramblerie.dll
    10:36:31 PM Allow ROBOTASKBARICON.EXE Network-enabled application launch c:\program files (x86)\siber systems\ai roboform\identities.exe
    10:23:41 PM Block IDENTITIES.EXE Window hooking c:\program files (x86)\keyscrambler\keyscramblerie.dll
    10:23:41 PM Allow ROBOTASKBARICON.EXE Network-enabled application launch c:\program files (x86)\siber systems\ai roboform\identities.exe
    10:22:15 PM Allow ROBOTASKBARICON.EXE Network-enabled application launch c:\program files (x86)\siber systems\ai roboform\identities.exe

Now as it is my passoword management system, this turns on my yellow flashing warning light.

Before recommending your passoword system study it's leaks first, thanks.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2012
  5. reevs

reevs Registered Member

This version 7.6. is the same thing as 7.5 During last few years there's nothing changed, in shape interface and performance.
    i expect next year, it going to be much better, i mean improve softwares and their ''agnitum web page'' make it as other companies, much modern and with more products on market . We all know agnitum now have own AV lab, since virusbuster withdrew .

is comodo better than outpost as many people think ? I think it is not !
    Outpost ss-free is enough thing, have good performance and hips, i don't need sandbox, i don't need automatic update every 2h, i can do it my self manually every moment. I only need good hips.
    Surely sometimes every av have failures, today this one tomorrow another..etc..

regard

6. Jerry666

Jerry666 Registered Member

Been using Outpost pro for years , so far 7.6 works well . Even use it on my Atom powered netbook , it does not slow down the netbook . Easy to set up , lots of good features for advanced users . It's on all my computers .

7. Escalader

Re: Overriding

I have removed RoboForm from my setup. Currently I store them as notebook files on my PC BUT they are encrypted files and I lock the folder with OP's lock.

Works okay. Next I'll move them to a usb stick or dvd.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.