Agnitum Launches First Public Beta of Outpost Antispyware

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by hayc59, Aug 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hayc59

hayc59 Guest

Leading Software Firewall to Incorporate Anti-Spyware for Maximum Online Protection
    August 16, 2005, St.Petersburg, Russia and San Jose, Calif. – Agnitum Ltd., a leading developer of information security software for home and business users, today announced the availability of the first public beta of Outpost AntiSpyware.
    Spyware is clearly a major problem, with reports predicting that close to 50% of Internet users have spyware of some form on their home computers, and an even greater number who may be infected without even knowing it. These individuals browse the web in blissful ignorance of the fact that someone may be watching their every step and plotting malicious abuse of their system.
    New legislation is appearing almost every week, but legislation can only go so far in controlling human behavior. Technology must play a part too. So Agnitum has spent the past year developing anti-spyware technology that integrates directly with its best-selling Outpost Firewall Pro to provide transparent protection against spyware.
    Outpost Firewall Pro already provides a level of spyware protection by filtering traffic and blocking suspicious connections. However, there was always a risk of spyware slipping through if a user occasionally allowed a suspicious application to go online. The new Outpost Antispyware, being integrated with the upcoming version 3.0 of Outpost Firewall Pro, offers users maximum protection against loss of personal data to PC hijacking and application tampering by keyloggers and other stealthy malicious programs.
    Developed using Agnitum’s unique plug-in technology, Outpost AntiSpyware simply correlates all applications on the user’s computer and network with its database and blocks all dangerous programs automatically. Technically savvy users can also tweak the configuration settings to allow certain programs that might otherwise be classified as spyware; Outpost provides a knowledgebase to enable those users to make an informed decision about what to allow or prevent from running on their systems.
    Why is Outpost Pro with an anti-spyware plug-in better than separate firewall and anti-spyware solutions? Firstly, the two programs are completely integrated and compatible, not two separate developments bolted together under an attractive user interface. Secondly, the anti-spyware code is developed from Tauscan, Agnitum’s award-winning anti-Trojan software.
    And finally firewall and anti-spyware together delivers multi-layered protection, combating malware at every step – from drive-by installation to unauthorized personal data transmission, and every stage in between.
    “The primary reason behind our approach to spyware protection is to provide users with one single integrated application that provides much stronger, easier to use, and more effective security than any two separate firewall and anti-spyware applications”, says Mikhail Penkovsky, Agnitum’s VP of Sales and Marketing. “A combination of firewall and anti-spyware remover as delivered in the upcoming Outpost Firewall Pro 3.0 will prove that 1 plus 1 can be more than 2”.
    To learn more about upcoming release details and participate in the beta process, please visit: http://antispyware.agnitum.com..
    Read About It: Agnitum News

2. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

In other words Agnitum is building its own "Security Suite", like many other security companies already did.
    Security Suites will become very popular amongst ignorant users, because they are sick and tired of having numerous separate softwares on their computer. Isn't that obvious ?
    That's why all these companies created their security suites so fast, because they meet the wishes of the ignorant users, the real market.

One security suite or 15-20 separate softwares ? Any ignorant user will vote for the security suite because he doesn't know any better.
    If I didn't know that suites are lesser good, I would have done the same thing, because I'm also tired of having so many scanners on my computer.

3. hayc59

hayc59 Guest

It should be an interesting future!!;)

4. G1111

G1111 Registered Member

I hope they will work separately, that is that the AS plug-in will be optional and that the firewall will work fine without it. I prefer seperate apps.

5. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

That's very right. When security suites reach the same level as the best AV/AS/AT/AK/... scanners, they will become the most wanted softwares, because the hardworking busy users, don't have the time to play around with all these security softwares.

6. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

by reading the site, my best guess is that outpost 3 will already come included with teh AS plugin. u can disable it afterwards tho.

7. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

Good point. Do not want it to start sucking up to much resources. Nevertheless done right it could be useful. :)

I do hope they stay out of the AV business too. :(

8. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

Nice news :D

The plugin Agnitum tecnology are great for those who doesn't want the AS feature... ;)

9. enduser999

enduser999 Registered Member

As well they have not come out with a program version update to their Tauscan trojan scanner for eons for their paying customers. It is even hard to find any mention of Tauscan on their web site. Now I know where all the development effort has gone. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.