after reimageing i cannot log in

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by RedFire, Mar 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RedFire

RedFire Guest

after i restored am image on my labtop when ever i try to connect to my skools internet (lan) it gives me the error. "Windows cannot connect to the domain, either becasue the domain controller is down or otherwise unavailble, or beacsue your computer account was not found. Please tray again later. if this problem persiss contact your system admin." i went to the help desk and they deleted my account and re added me so it wasnt my account and they dont know what is wrong. can any one help?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello RedFire,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

We are really sorry for the inconveniences.

Could you please clarify whether the problem persists after your account was reenabled?

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. RedFire

RedFire Guest

it seems to continue only on the LAN and not when i use wireless. i can log in on lan(wired cat5 cable) i just have to keep trying for like 13 times.

4. Acronis Support

Hello RedFire,

It seems that the problem is in your network rather than in the computer itself. Please review your connection settings and settings on the domain controller.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

5. Redfire

Redfire Guest

they said at the help desk that every thing should work. it all worked before i made the image. what whould have changed that would cause that if the system was working when i made the image.

6. Acronis Support

Hello RedFire,

Acronis True Image creates the exact copy of your disk and archives it. All the data, registry and settings remains the same after you restore the image. Did your account exist on the domain controller right after you restored the image? Did you try to connect using another account?

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

7. RedFire

RedFire Guest

Before i madethe image eery thing was working fine. then after i restored the image a few months later the error poped up. i dont know why it would cuz all the setting shouldbe the same as ofthe time i made the image (which pre error)

8. Acronis Support

Hello RedFire,

Did I get it right that the error appeared not immediately but few month after you have restored the image? If so it is unlikely that the problem was with the image or its restoration because in this case the errors would have appeared at once.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

9. redfire

redfire Guest

no its not like the standard XP login it like the more secure login when you boot upthe laptop you need to hit Ctrl+alt+ delete and enter you password. i recently had other trobles and took it to the help desk and they reestablished the computer trust relationship with the server. so far it seemd to fix the problem by why when restroing the image did the computer trust deal get messed up or cruppted were it caused that error. if i imaged the drive when every thing was perfect no errors why did it go bad when i re appyed the image?

10. OliverJo

OliverJo Guest

Google for "SID" and "trusted relationship". That should clear things up.

11. RedFire

RedFire Guest

okay i know what it is but im not an "admin" so i was wondering how to if possable to reset it myself or where it is save. this info has to be saved somewhere on my pc. maybe i could file the file and back it up for next time i wouldnt have to go to the help desk and all that stuff.

12. mallione

mallione Guest

Dearest Ilya Toytman, what you are providing is NOT support.

THE PROBLEM DESCRIBED ABOVE IS ACCURATE AND REAL, it is as simple as that. So may I suggest that Acronis try to fix it, rather than insulting your users with an endless list of stupid questions like "did your password change?"

I just reloaded an XP SP2 image, with the EXACT same error.
    Not weeks later, but immediately after the restore, I cannot login it to the domain.

I AM the system administrator.
    I can see the computer on the domain in AD.
    The computer name in AD exists and matches the computer name.
    The computer is receiving a DHCP address.
    I can login to the domain from a different computer with the same account.
    I cannot login to the restored computer using ANY domain account.
    I can login to the computer using the local admin account.

I suspect I am going to have to unjoin / rejoin the domain, but that is a bs solution at best ... if it even works.

You claim an EXACT image ... well, SOMETHING is different ...

13. MiniMax

MiniMax Registered Member

... and I have succesfully imaged and restored my company laptop several times, with NO problems what so ever.

14. PaulB2005

PaulB2005 Registered Member

Re: after re-imageing i cannot log in

Same here.

Must be a PC or Network problem. Not like True Image is going to make an image and then randomly change data so you then have problems!!

As for the "stupid questions" sometimes (personal expereince shows it's more often than not!) the answer is something "stupid" like that! Acronis Support is trying to help but you have to appreciate that many people buy this product and use it with no problems, but something like this is highly unlikely to be caused by True Image making an inaccurate image. Otherwise we'd all have problems like this....

Also who is actually having the problem? RedFire or mallione?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.