after recovery MBR is missing

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by sentinel1001, Jul 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sentinel1001

sentinel1001 Registered Member

Hi

I'm using True Image Home 11 and tried yesterday to recover my PC. I've done it many, many times before, but this time, after Acronis had restored the OS partition and rebootet. I got a message something like this-
    MBR is missing
    Press cnrl+alt+del to restart.
    True, I hadn't used that particular image before to restore the PC. But verification said that the archive is proper.
    Any ideas what went wrong?

I've not cloned my HDD, I've just made a recovery image from partition C all the time, and never had any problem when I wanted to go back.
    I'm using Vista 64 Ultimate.

Best regards,
    G

2. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

Boot from the recovery CD and select just the MBR to restore. If this does not fix the problem try restoring an MBR associated with an earlier backup that did work.

Xpilot

3. sentinel1001

sentinel1001 Registered Member

Thank you. I'll try that.

Just one more question. Is it recommended to wipe the selected partition and delete the partition before recovery using the recovery CD? Or doesn't that cleaning give me no benefit?

4. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

No need for any cleaning TI will remove the existing partition contents when a restore is run.

Xpilot

5. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

A repair using your Vista installation cd/dvd might be able to fix that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.