After IE 7 installation script errors

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Niels, Jul 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Niels

Niels Registered Member

Hello

After I downloaded and installed IE 7 I couldn't view my user accounts in windows xp home edition with SP2 and take a look at the services when I typed services.msc in the run dialog box. I keep getting the script error. Also the windows update site I can't reach due the same error message. I tried lowering the security level to no avail.

Thanks in advance
    Niels

2. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

3. Niels

Niels Registered Member

Hello Steve

Thanks. I will take a look at it.

Niels

4. Niels

Niels Registered Member

Hello Steve

I followed each advice in the links to no avail. I really appreciated your help.

Niels

5. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

Hi,

Niels I´m having the except same issues but I also couldn´t find a fix, this is very strange, I mean we can´t be the only 2 persons in the world with this problem, not? :blink: It really makes me sick that a billion dollar company like MS is able to ruin their own products and can´t even fix it. This is a link to my problem, do you get to see the same thing? TIA

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=179001

6. Rasheed187

7. Espresso

Espresso Registered Member

I lost my javascript a couple weeks ago for some reason to do with a second account I was setting up. User Accounts and Services panel wouldn't work, nor would javascript in IE. I could'nt find out the cause so I used system restore to roll back.

Rasheed, that's an activex error, not a script error. If you haven't already, check your active content settings in Internet Options->Advanced tab . You might need to re-register one of your activex controls (ocx).

8. Niels

Niels Registered Member

Hello Rasheed187

Sorry for the late reaction.
    I am now back to IE 6.0 but I use IE not so much. But I wanted to see how IE 7 look like.The strange thing is that people with that problem their problem is solved by the links that are posted in this topic. I also have a Dutch windows version but other people don't have this problem. I don't receive a message that I need to download additional software.

Regards
    Niels

9. Rasheed187

Yes I know, but I also get to see scripterrors, so IE7 messed things up bigtime. I also wonder which activex controls I need to re-register? During surfing I only got to see this message once, and that´s because I didn´t have Java on my machine. @ Niels, yes, I don´t really get it why some (or most) people don´t have this problem, maybe I need to repair IE7.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.