After IE 7 installation script errors

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Niels, Jul 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Niels

Niels Registered Member

Hello

After I downloaded and installed IE 7 I couldn't view my user accounts in windows xp home edition with SP2 and take a look at the services when I typed services.msc in the run dialog box. I keep getting the script error. Also the windows update site I can't reach due the same error message. I tried lowering the security level to no avail.

Thanks in advance
    Niels

2. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

3. Niels

Niels Registered Member

Hello Steve

Thanks. I will take a look at it.

Niels

4. Niels

Niels Registered Member

Hello Steve

I followed each advice in the links to no avail. I really appreciated your help.

Niels

5. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

Hi,

Niels I´m having the except same issues but I also couldn´t find a fix, this is very strange, I mean we can´t be the only 2 persons in the world with this problem, not? :blink: It really makes me sick that a billion dollar company like MS is able to ruin their own products and can´t even fix it. This is a link to my problem, do you get to see the same thing? TIA

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=179001

6. Rasheed187

7. Espresso

Espresso Registered Member

I lost my javascript a couple weeks ago for some reason to do with a second account I was setting up. User Accounts and Services panel wouldn't work, nor would javascript in IE. I could'nt find out the cause so I used system restore to roll back.

Rasheed, that's an activex error, not a script error. If you haven't already, check your active content settings in Internet Options->Advanced tab . You might need to re-register one of your activex controls (ocx).

8. Niels

Niels Registered Member

Hello Rasheed187

Sorry for the late reaction.
    I am now back to IE 6.0 but I use IE not so much. But I wanted to see how IE 7 look like.The strange thing is that people with that problem their problem is solved by the links that are posted in this topic. I also have a Dutch windows version but other people don't have this problem. I don't receive a message that I need to download additional software.

Regards
    Niels

9. Rasheed187

Yes I know, but I also get to see scripterrors, so IE7 messed things up bigtime. I also wonder which activex controls I need to re-register? During surfing I only got to see this message once, and that´s because I didn´t have Java on my machine. @ Niels, yes, I don´t really get it why some (or most) people don´t have this problem, maybe I need to repair IE7.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.