AE Trial

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by jrmhng, Sep 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jrmhng

jrmhng Registered Member

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to get a trial for AE. When AE 3 was first released I installed it but it had a conflict with FF3 so I uninstalled it. I want to try it again but when I installed the latest version it says that the trial has expired. Sales said thay cant provide me with a trial key. Anyone have any ideas on how I could try it?

Cheers
    Jeremy

2. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

My last communication with Faronics was two months ago when I called them twice and sent them emails regarding problems with version 3 and firefox 3.0
    I also told them of conflicts of Superantispyware with both versions of AE.
    They gave me assurances they would look into the problems. I haven't heard a peep from them since.

3. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

Unless you have a backup of your system of before you first installed AE I know of no other way to try it again.

4. jrmhng

jrmhng Registered Member

Same here, they assured me that when the Firefox problem is solved, they will inform me. This is poor form.

Well that is just stupid. If they can't make it easy for people to try, they are going to lose sales. They have lost mine.

5. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

If you have a windows install disk you could create a windows virtual machine with virtualbox and then run AE inside that. Its a little bit of work but the only option i know of apart from doing a fresh windows install on your computer.

6. jrmhng

jrmhng Registered Member

Thanks for the suggestions guys. The problem is that this makes the hurdle to implementation too high. I won't be trying or buying AE unless I just happen to get a new computer.

7. Longboard

Longboard Registered Member

It's a great shame that several of us seekm to have had some issues with vendor.
    I think this is a good implementation of this concept
    (always impressed by Rmus's images :) )

I cant recall but I had some issue with the trial and it just got too hard to fiddle with.
    Shame really

8. jrmhng

jrmhng Registered Member

Maybe they just dont care about the consumer market. Unless they are going to sell many licenses, they just can't be f**ked making an effort. Poor form.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.