Adware issue-can't remove

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by frateman, Jun 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. frateman

frateman Registered Member

I was scanning and found E:\I386\Apps\APP20386\src\HPSummer2005.exe »WISE »s4Setp.exe - a variant of Win32/AdInstaller application
    i read the thread that someone else that found this and I tried the removel tool someone linked to. It doesn't work I get error msg. This spyware is in my partition that holds my windows restore info. I can't reformat that area to rid myself of this. How can I get rid of thiso_OHELP!!

2. pc-support

pc-support Registered Member

Judging by the path to the file I would say that this is a false positive. The HPSummer2005 file appears to be a bit of advertising by HP.

Anyone else think this?

3. ASpace

ASpace Guest

Yes , can be a false positive however I have seen real threats hiding in this folder/path .

Frateman , open NOD32's Control Center -> NOD32 System Tools -> Quarantine and add this file there . Then submit it for analyze to ESET and write it can be a false positive . Also write them the path .

When it is in the quarantine , please boot in Safe Mode and remove it manually (HPSummer2005.exe)
    To boot in Safe Mode , you need to continuously hit F8 while Windows is starting , after the BIOS loads and before the Windows logo appears . Then you'll open Windows Advanced Menu and you choose Safe Mode . Wait for a second and go ahead

Download Ad-Aware SE Personal (www.lavasoftusa.com)
    Install , update and perform full scan with it and remove all the threats found.Again scan with NOD32 and that's it :D

Because of the fact the file is in the quarantine you can restore it in future if something goes wrong

:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.