AdvOR + VPN Gate...

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by dim mack, May 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dim mack

dim mack Registered Member

Howdy,

my noobish question for you experts: would this be good combo if not using whonix or the like ?:
    Advor (TOR frontend) tunneled through freeVPN like VPN gate or SecurityKISS + Jondofox (javascript disabled via about:config). And all of this sandboxed except the VPN. And using just Vistas firewall (behind NAT router) with Windows 8 firewall control (Sphinx soft free version). :ninja:

2. mirimir

mirimir Registered Member

Avoid AdvOR. It's not from the Tor Project. Just use Whonix, with your VPN running on the host.

3. dim mack

dim mack Registered Member

Thx for answering sir, um... can you please be more specific why it`s not recommended to use AdvOR?
    I thought it was better to use that than the Tor browser bundle alone. But then again what do i know... :(:cautious:

4. mirimir

mirimir Registered Member

From what I've read, AdvTor is a fork from an old version of Tor, with various extensions. It's not from the Tor Project, and it probably hasn't been audited very carefully.

5. MisterB

MisterB Registered Member

The Tor browser + VPNgate is a good combo. I got around 1mbs download speed when I speed tested it which wasn't bad, more than I expected in fact. The Tor IPs I got when I checked were almost always European while my VPN exit node was Asian.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.